Glenn Loovens - Celtic

Ambitious

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loovens is a far better player than Wilson, and yet he can't get in their squad, so to think that he can't get into their side and yet Wilson would is difficult to believe.

I've read the views of a few Celtic fans and they dont seem to rate him very highly. The SPL is a lower standard overall than the Championship so i wouldnt get overly excited if we signed him. Read good things about him when he was at Cardiff but that was a while back now.

The defence definitely need bulking up in my opinion, though John Brayford has, recently, been outstanding at centre back; especially seeing as he was playing in League 2 last season.

And though many consider him to be too fat to play football, I think it's a shame we missed out on Jon Parkin.

I've read the views of a few Celtic fans and they dont seem to rate him very highly. The SPL is a lower standard overall than the Championship so i wouldnt get overly excited if we signed him. Read good things about him when he was at Cardiff but that was a while back now.

Loovens was a quality player at Cardiff,and formed a great partnership at the back,with Roger Johnson,now at Birmingham City.

If I meet him at Moor Farm, will he take me on his way back? Never been to Scotland.

I wouldn't recommend it - too many midges (not the singer) and there are language problems.

Plus I don't think they like Derbyshire people since we stopped their advance at Swarkstone.

There was a certain battle between the English and Scottish where we decimated an entire army just buy taking on the guy to the right.

Because of the way their infantry was equipped and fought, our troops could block the guy infront of them and stab your opponent to your right in the side as his shield was on his left hand and therefore had no protection.

See, you learn something new everyday. You may thank me later. Or now.

There was a certain battle between the English and Scottish where we decimated an entire army just buy taking on the guy to the right.

Because of the way their infantry was equipped and fought, our troops could block the guy infront of them and stab your opponent to your right in the side as his shield was on his left hand and therefore had no protection.

See, you learn something new everyday. You may thank me later. Or now.

So why didn't we do that at Crawley ?

Archived