Brian Laws sacked by Burnley

Day

Burnley Football Club can announce that first team manager Brian Laws has today stepped down with immediate effect.

The club would like to place on record their thanks to Brian for his hard work and commitment to the club since he took the role in January 2010.

Chairman Mr Barry Kilby said: "I have telephoned Brian today and have asked him to step down as manager of Burnley Football Club.

"Everyone is naturally disappointed and frustrated that recent results have not gone as we would have hoped.

"The Board of Directors has therefore decided that we need a fresh approach in order to achieve our goal of returning to the Premier League."

Burnley Football Club will make no further comment at this time.

A further statement will follow tomorrow.

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/page/LatestHeadlines/0,,10413~2253652,00.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how clubs who have one season in the big time (us included) seem to think that they should automatically be challenging again the following season, no one has the divine right to be challenging for promotion from any league, no matter where they come from, how much money they spend etc.

It's still only Brian Laws though..

I love how clubs who have one season in the big time (us included) seem to think that they should automatically be challenging again the following season, no one has the divine right to be challenging for promotion from any league, no matter where they come from, how much money they spend etc.

It's still only Brian Laws though..

I think its just that the teams have so much more money than the other teams in the champ when the get relegated from the prem that first season is a massive channce to get straight back up. To be fair I think Burnley have a good side for this level but Laws isnt getting the best out of them

Archived