game problem

Leeds Ram

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...............

Is it a brand new one? Pre-owned?

Clear the game entirely from your PC and try again.

I never had any trouble with my copy, just set it to install and it went about it fine. I tried to mod it and I had problems, but apart from that it was fine.

yes I do, it needs 18 gig and it has all that, it gets to data pack 4 and then it comes up with a message like it doesn't configure and it doesn't install

Sounds like the Data is broken, either that or your PC has strange settings and won't accept it.

Search the internet, i'm sure there'll be an answer on an official fan forum. I've got an account on one, even if you have to post what's wrong and ask, they will help out.

or buy a new disk because the disk might be dodgy it says feature:packs componant:packs file: E:\main\ packs\data_2.pack error: incorrect function

Your data is corrupt by the sounds of it.

Get on the net and see what the lads on the Total War forums can do, they usually know every error there is.

There's no point in buying a new disk, you youngsters think that money grows on trees...get yourself one of those CD cleaning kits, then next time take care of the disk!

Or is it something along the lines of:

*inserts disk, installation screen pops up*

"WAH?!?! Why's this screen appeared on my PC?"

*clicks 'exit installation'*

"That's better....hmm why isn't my game working?"

Archived