Working out

Perky1106

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since people are discussing new year's resolutions, does anyone here work out regularly?

Share your tips (apart from wanking :D).

For me it's just twenty press ups a day and 200 crunches.

Was that crunches or crunchies? :D

My advice don't be a tight arse and join a gym! Find a "buddy" to go with so you can spot each other as motivation to go is why most give up. Doing 200 crunches is pretty pointless, once a muscle is worked then it's worked. Best to do 3 sets of around 20. You could google start up workouts but to keep things simple my advice is.

1) Join a gym if you can afford it, either get a mate to sign up with you or join one that a friend goes to.

2) Decide on your goals (lose weight, gain muscle, fitness)

3) Go at least twice a week. Ideally 3 or 4.

4) Change your diet to complement your workouts otherwise you are wasting your time on step 3.

i go to the gym, havnt been this month mind, i do 20 mins cross trainer, 20 mins cycle and 2000metres on the rowing machine, then swim for 30mins and spend about 4 hours in the jacuzzi :D

i try to go 3 times a week, but mostly twice a week

i also play footy once a week

the only problem i have is i drink to much guinness and beer, my gut rarely shrinks

Got a huge treadmill in the house, expensive bloody thing like you'd see in a gym and a cycle thing, cycle thing is mine as I can't stand or should I say my knee can't stand the treadmill. Manage a week on the bike then my knee will be strapped up for a month and so on.

Was that crunches or crunchies? :D

My advice don't be a tight arse and join a gym! Find a "buddy" to go with so you can spot each other as motivation to go is why most give up. Doing 200 crunches is pretty pointless, once a muscle is worked then it's worked. Best to do 3 sets of around 20. You could google start up workouts but to keep things simple my advice is.

1) Join a gym if you can afford it, either get a mate to sign up with you or join one that a friend goes to.

2) Decide on your goals (lose weight, gain muscle, fitness)

3) Go at least twice a week. Ideally 3 or 4.

4) Change your diet to complement your workouts otherwise you are wasting your time on step 3.

I'm a member at a gym but it's at Uni. I've not been able to get there due to the recent weather and I'm in Derby atm. But it has been helpful, it's just tough changing the diet.

Got a huge treadmill in the house, expensive bloody thing like you'd see in a gym and a cycle thing, cycle thing is mine as I can't stand or should I say my knee can't stand the treadmill. Manage a week on the bike then my knee will be strapped up for a month and so on.

glucosamine for the joints is a must, the same as creatine, and protiens etc when training, without topping up your body with the esentials then gym work can do you some damage, try the glucosamine daveyboy it helps me and my joints

glucosamine has been proved to have no benefit to joints over here in europe. It's all in the head apparently. Multimillion pound industry built on lies.

Often it's a psychological or placebo effect. The idea that a substance is going to help you does change your mindset for the better, regardless of whether or not it physically does anything.

glucosamine has been proved to have no benefit to joints over here in europe. It's all in the head apparently. Multimillion pound industry built on lies.

Since the body's natural glucosamine is used to make and repair joint cartilage, taking glucosamine as a nutritional supplement is thought to help repair damaged cartilage by augmenting the body's supply of glucosamine.

There is promising evidence that glucosamine may reduce pain symptoms of knee osteoarthritis and possibly slow the progression of osteoarthritis. For example, a study published in the journal Archives of Internal Medicine examined people with osteoarthritis over three years. Researchers assessed pain and structural improvements seen on x-ray. They gave 202 people with mild to moderate osteoarthritis 1,500 mg of glucosamine sulfate a day or a placebo.

At the end of the study, researchers found that glucosamine slowed the progression of knee osteoarthritis compared to the placebo. People in the glucosamine group had a significant reduction in pain and stiffness. On x-ray, there was no average change or narrowing of joint spaces in the knees (a sign of deterioration) of the glucosamine group. In contrast, joint spaces of participants taking the placebo narrowed over the three years.

i take it and it helps me , like you said though all in the mind,

I don't put owt other than food and beer in me body, no painkillers, vitamin tablets or even lemsip. I'm hardcore.

I had a chemical diet shall we say when I was young and dumb, since then I can't touch tablets or powder substances.

Gym workouts - I find that I get on better with classes than general working out in a gym. Something like a boxing circuit class gives you a great all-round workout, and the motivation factor (you'll feel a real t1t if you have to walk out part way through part way, cos you're a bit shagged out) is very good.

Archived