Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts dies

Hucknall Ram

Rushden and Diamonds goalkeeper Dale Roberts has died at the age of 24, the club has announced.

It has yet to be revealed how the former Nottingham Forest player died.

In a statement on the Rushden and Diamonds' website, chairman Gary Calder said: "Our thoughts and prayers at this time go to his parents, family and friends."

The FA Trophy second round replay game against Eastwood Town, which was due to take place on Tuesday, was postponed.

Roberts joined Diamonds from Forest in January 2009 and was an England C international.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-11996523

I don't know who he is, but it's still a shock.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His fiancée had an affair with Paul Terry, it all came out earlier this year.

Check out Paul Terry's wikipedia page... someone really doesn't like him...

Rumours going round that he committed suicide cos of the above. People probably putting 2 and 2 together and assuming but who knows.

RIP

Terry is going to be full of guilt and I can see him being poor for the rest of his career and If he scores a goal dedicating it to Dale Roberts which I'd reject. Hope Terry breaks a leg after this.

bit out of order, you have no idea what has happened. all that was needed was the RIP

bit out of order, you have no idea what has happened. all that was needed was the RIP

Be rate. What is terry going to do about it?

Is there going to be a charity match for this? Or can anyone give me the date that Eastwood and Rushden play their cup tie?

Archived