Big Sam sacked by Blackburn

derbydan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about him being back soon. He did a decent job at Bolton originally but had a fair bit of dosh to spend.

He thinks he's better than he is. Average at best, probably on a par with Megson, Pardew, Jewell etc with his record.

And he let tanman go....................................:mad:

Absolutely ridiculous decision.

For all of these idiots that say he plays boring football.......well he is a results manager.

He gets the best out of what he has at his disposal.

Their loss will be another teams gain.

Good luck Sam you won't be out of football for long.

For all of these idiots that say he plays boring football.......well he is a results manager.

He gets the best out of what he has at his disposal.

I disagree.

I think if you give him an average/poor squad, he can make a few signings and create a side that will survive and push on after a few years playing together.

When he has real talent at his disposal, I don't think he can play in a different way, and the long ball game does annoy certain players. If you have players like Obefami Martins, James Milner, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith etc then you don't need to play long ball football.

The long ball system is designed to make skill on the ball redundant. If you have one or two guys who can deliver a decent ball into the box, and crowd the area, even the best defending is going to see one or two of the crosses fall to a striker/midfielder in the box. Every so often, the ball will find the net. That is what his system is built on, long balls and set plays.

I don't think Allardyce can get teams playing anything else than that style, and better teams will just expose you and beat you. He got to Newcastle, he had great players at his disposal, and he couldn't get them organised properly. They wouldn't play for him.

He's a good manager at what he does, but give him a squad full of flair players or players skilled enough to play the ball on the floor constantly, or atleast for most of the time, and I don't think he can manage them.

Still, he'll end up at a Wolves or Birmingham type club when someone gets sacked. I'd like to see him try his hand at Spain, he did say he thought he could manage there, lets see him try.

Poor players other than Viduka IMO, and he couldn't run!

Martins would have been lethal in a better side at his peak. Milner was already good, though not what he is today. Alan Smith had all the skills of a very good player, unfortunately for him as a striker he just couldn't score!

Viduka was a great poacher, Porter seems to be a Championship version of him. Lethal finishing and very strong, but he can't keep fit and he's not very quick.

I disagree.

I think if you give him an average/poor squad, he can make a few signings and create a side that will survive and push on after a few years playing together.

When he has real talent at his disposal, I don't think he can play in a different way, and the long ball game does annoy certain players. If you have players like Obefami Martins, James Milner, Mark Viduka, Alan Smith etc then you don't need to play long ball football.

The long ball system is designed to make skill on the ball redundant. If you have one or two guys who can deliver a decent ball into the box, and crowd the area, even the best defending is going to see one or two of the crosses fall to a striker/midfielder in the box. Every so often, the ball will find the net. That is what his system is built on, long balls and set plays.

I don't think Allardyce can get teams playing anything else than that style, and better teams will just expose you and beat you. He got to Newcastle, he had great players at his disposal, and he couldn't get them organised properly. They wouldn't play for him.

He's a good manager at what he does, but give him a squad full of flair players or players skilled enough to play the ball on the floor constantly, or atleast for most of the time, and I don't think he can manage them.

Still, he'll end up at a Wolves or Birmingham type club when someone gets sacked. I'd like to see him try his hand at Spain, he did say he thought he could manage there, lets see him try.

He wasn't given any time at Newcastle. After he was sacked they brought in a new face and their results didn't pick up and they were relegated. He didn't have very good players at Newcastle but yes, I agree with you, he didn't exactly cover himself in glory there.

What Sam does is play a very English style of football. Very physical, very in your face and long ball. If you take the foreigners out of our game then that is what we are left with.

I don't like his brand of football. Come to think of it, I don't particulaarly like him but I have every respect for what he does with his teams and that is make them hard to beat.

Blackburn are a team of very average players and he has moulded them into a mid-table premiership side. I don't believe there is a manager in the land that could have done a better job with the players he had.

Archived