Big Sam sacked by Blackburn

derbydan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like sam allardyce, I think he was a bit bitter with what happened at bolton made them epic from dross and didn't get a big job like most others from it.

He got a step up and failed horribly, Newcastle was a huge chance for him, he failed. better players don't want to play the long ball system.

Still, he's a very good manager.

He got a step up and failed horribly, Newcastle was a huge chance for him, he failed. better players don't want to play the long ball system.

Still, he's a very good manager.

in all fairness he didn't have enough time there and newcastle in terms of league position arn't a big club

in all fairness he didn't have enough time there and newcastle in terms of league position arn't a big club

He did a very poor job with them, they were terrible against us away, you could see he didn't have the players with him that night.

I don't think he can motivate the better players of the world, they don't want to play the football he knows.

And Newcastle are a bigger club: huge fan support, great stadium, with a decent history to the club.

doesn't matter about that at that time bolton were a better side and he shouldn't have gone to a club where managers don't get a chance. The squad wasn't good as boltons thus it was a step down simple as.

The point is though that Newcastle has all the foundations to be one of the biggest club in the country, with the right management and the right money put in.

The squad was worse yes, but not that much worse, and he couldn't motivate them. If you get offered the Newcastle job, almost any manager would accept straight away.

Mike Ashley hadn't surfaced as an interefering buffoon at that point, he wasn't to know he wouldn't get that long. Still, they really were awful under his reign.

they werre awful under most peoples reign tbh, wasn't a step up because it had a worse playing squad and by a good bit, if he went to everton or tottenham would ahve been a step up

Everton weren't doing much at that time, they were the same as Newcastle, and Tottenham weren't doing much either. Newcastle are a bigger club than both of those, IMO.

not everton tbh, around that time i think everton were knocking around champs league tottenham i think your probs right but it wouldn't be a step up for somone to come from blackpool to derby just because we are a bigger club

Thinking about it you might have been right with Everton, they did finish 6th around that time at one point.

But if Derby got to the Premiership, it would be. Even with the current squads. Because with Derby you can build something bigger and better than what you can at Blackpool. Newcastle weren't that far off of Bolton (What, 4 league places at the time?) and probably had a better squad in potential terms.

Newcastle fans won't settle for long ball. They want entertaining football, and hound anyone out who doesn't deliver it.

I think you have a point however it wouldn't be a step up either really because yes maybe the potential is there but it is neon impossible to achieve it at newcastle, only one who consistently did it was bobby robson and they treated him like dirt

Kevin Keegan did it too, he did brilliantly there.

It would be a sideways step then maybe, from where you can get even better than before.

If I were a manager, and I couldn't get the Derby job, Newcastle is the second place i'd want to manage. You've got all the foundations there to succeed in a big way.

Everton weren't doing much at that time, they were the same as Newcastle, and Tottenham weren't doing much either. Newcastle are a bigger club than both of those, IMO.

Both are much bigger clubs than Newcastle.

The comment someone has put earlier about fat Sam being Jewell with a job is perfect.

His best quote ever, there is only one, and will only ever be one Sam Allardyce....obviously forgetting his Grandson Sam..!

Crap manager, at a crap club, you would have thought it would have been a match made in heaven.

Archived