Snow

Dangerous

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents live in South Yorkshire and have had a couple of feet. To quote my mum - "I haven't seen snow this bad since 1947 and we had to stay at school and bloody freeze".

How times change..

Edited to say - this is ladyram's post and not Davenports - for some reason I got logged out....

Announcement.

Just because I have a 4 by 4, and you want to walk in the road because it's easier for you, please don't look at me as I pass you, making you step onto the deeper snow, like I've just told you to FECK OFF.

Feck me, the number of dirty looks I've had today because I've driven passed them.

You'd have thought I'd driven through an uncharted igloo settlement and they'd never seen a hansom white man before?

Gerrouf the shockin road and gerron the pavement. Peasants.

well i took the dogs for a walk tonight after work and i had an empty field down markeaton park to spoil was brilliant

i love the snow its the only time its acceptable to throw something at your boss and not get a rollicking!

on the downside i have a new phone arriving and its delivary has been pushed back cause they are snowed iin in mansfield!

i call it lazy, i made it to work today and i was early, which was strange?

Announcement.

Just because I have a 4 by 4, and you want to walk in the road because it's easier for you, please don't look at me as I pass you, making you step onto the deeper snow, like I've just told you to FECK OFF.

Feck me, the number of dirty looks I've had today because I've driven passed them.

You'd have thought I'd driven through an uncharted igloo settlement and they'd never seen a hansom white man before?

Gerrouf the shockin road and gerron the pavement. Peasants.

Hahahahaha I don't have a problem normally with 4 x 4's...

However, early on the year when we had bad snow there was a guy in a big arse BMW X5 skidding all over the road, and couldn't really control it. I got really pissed off to discover he was on his bloody phone aswell. What a stupid tw*t. Grrrr.

Get something what can handle the snow, muppet.

I have a 4x4 - put her into 'gravel, grass, snow' mode the other day, was quite disappointed that no chains or ski's appeared.

I do find an automatic a bit scary tho - with manuals I think you can control them better.

Anyway, kids are off again today, which is nice. (ish)

Its going to get worse with the white stuff this week.Wouldnt it be a good idea to get the unemployed off their backsides and get them clearing the roads and pavements,therefore earning their benefits.

Heard on the radio this morning that 20,000 more posties have been recruited to help with the christmas rush.

70,000 applied for those temporary jobs.

Archived