Student Protests - Cavalry Charge Vid

Alex W

are the police aware that these are peaceful protestors?

how do they differ from the scum that caused the trouble?

why were they loitering around when they had been asked to move on?

why were they trying to hide behind walls when the police approached?

if they would have done what they were asked in the 1st place then maybe this crap would not happen,

the police have a hard enough job without having to deal with this sort of crap.

sorry alex im firmly with the police on this 1,

to some of the uni student this might be a great giggle , but to people who actually work and pay taxes then its a different kettle of fish m8.

The police should know that they weren't, they'd been watching them for most of the day as they weren't part of the trouble in any way, shape or form.

Loitering? The protest was still going on, it had an hour left.

Hiding behind walls? There was one woman who stopped behind a wall there, and she was just waiting there till the police forced her to move on. If you listen to what she's saying she said she'd already been moved on to there by other police.

How is it different? If it were about pensions or anything else, you wouldn't say "It's different for us who pay taxes". Because then you'd be affected. The protests were for a genuine cause, not just a laugh. Admittedly there has been some trouble, but it happens in alot of protests. There is always the foolish minority who put a taint on things.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest, on a comparrison to the beatings the miners took, this is really tame.

At the end of the day, these kinds of protests are never going to be pretty so people should know what to expect and the police are doing their jobs.

My nephew is at Sheff Uni and he stayed away from it all because he said half the students are just going to see what mischief they can create. The same reason as why loads of school kids go, just to get on camera.

Why not go another route? Get loads of signatures and deliver them to Downing Street in the correct manner? Then all of this might be avoided.

If I protested at everything that is unfair with today's society, I'd never be off the streets.

Daveo downing street wouldn't listen to it and wouldn't take notice, I may be walking out on wednesday in protest, people feel robbed and hard done by so they take to the streets which is a fair and reasonable course of action. Screw Camerons big society

Daveo downing street wouldn't listen to it and wouldn't take notice, I may be walking out on wednesday in protest, people feel robbed and hard done by so they take to the streets which is a fair and reasonable course of action. Screw Camerons big society

i agree with you y r , as long as its peacefull .

ps ,

y r is camerons big society a gay terminology for his bum?:D

lol wouldn't be surprised, personally all cameron is trying to do is shift responsibility from him to the people, for instacne giving gp's their own accounts to look after, gp's arn't accountants, giving the people power to elect their own police chief? ridicolous things like that show anti collectivism is the new motto of the condem governemnt, soon enough they may ask regular joes to start lecturing as the money has gone. Any violent protesters should be dealt with by the police, arrested and severly fined or put in prison, it udnermines a very worthy and important cause.

Why have you quoted ladyram and talking to me, I haven't said owt in this thread until now. I know you love me but this is kind of weird now.

soon enough they may ask regular joes to start lecturing as the money has gone.

No, they won't. They've already said they want Uni's to be more selective in who they appoint as lecturers to make sure they actually have some form of legitimate qualification relevant to the subject. At the moment pretty much anyone can be a uni lecturer if the uni decides to hire them.

As for the police, all I'll say is they're human beings tasked with a difficult job to do. Perhaps if people treated them like human beings instead of speaking to them like dirt like they clearly do in that video clip, then they might be able to approach the job differently.

P.S. youngRam, why are you so anti- anti-collectivism? Why is state ownership of the means of production so wonderful? Oh, hang on - you're forming your own political party, aren't you? So when you win the election and form your Government, you'll put everything into state ownership - which basically means that you'll control everything.... It's ok, young ram, no need to answer, I think I've figured out why you're a collectivist fanboy.....;)

anti collectivism isn't good as a governemnt, e.g you elect your own police chiefs is ridicolous, they are giving away vital responsibility which they are put in power to hold and then they wont take the blame when it goes wrong, I believe in a free market but i don't believe in the governemnt abstaining responsibility, daveo sorry i thought it was you but not, when they cut 80% of the higher education budget the universities etc will have to cut staff and why will brilliant minds come to a cash strapped place to teach?

I think you'll find the oxbridge uni's will still attract the cash, the brightest students and lecturers, what the government need to do is get rid of the noddy courses, just how many jobs are there in media anyway?

Concentrate on vocational studies with real prospect of a job at the end.

media is an important course, there are thousands of job within media in this country, however I agree that that we need to get rid of the mickey mouse courses and I do believe apprentiships are vital for those who want to focus on a job and not need university. Oxford and Cambridge are actually talking about going private because of this so it could create a two tiered education system. By the way the conservatives arn't tackling the debt just the budget defeceit very big difference

my opinion is that making public services like john lewis (which the tories plan to do) is a bad idea, electing your own police chiefs etc is a bad idea, getting gp's to determine their own budgets is a bad idea, government is there to govern not to give power away, i don't like the conservatives but i respect them because they stick by what they believe however the lib dems have sold out big time and i want to see them destroyed.

Budget Deficit v Debt - yes, big difference, but you have to stop overspending and create a surplus in your budget before you can hope to start reducing your debt.

yes however we have always had a massive debt, currently at 4.8 trillion, it is so big we can't tackle it. Our budget defecit is a little worry however what they are doing won't neccersarily help that, we need to cut down on imports and improve exports, and we need to buy more to stimulate the economy, the tories are putting up v.a.t and corporation tax. It may work or it may be a disaster, but it is the biggest economic gamble in our lifetime.

Young Ram - Sincerely, I'm pleased that you are interested and engaged in the political and democratic processes, I wish more people of your generation gave such matters a second thought then we'd all live in a different place altogether, in my opinion....

But I reserve the right to disagree with you on most things, bar one.

UTR!

:D

I know exactly, that is what the government wants, they want britain to make things again however it can't happen becasue we have the minimum wage thus china can undercut us as well as india etc. I am glad that you are interested as well, indeed i respect your opinion and hope i don't seem to be to forcefull. UTR, I have just realised what i said but we do need to export more if we are to keep importing because our trade defecit is awful.

Archived