stephen pearson

Whoneedshuls

I really believe that if we play this system then Pearson just doesnt fit into it...ignoring the act that in reality he doesnt fit in any system cos hes so s*te.NC saying this about Dave Martin...... despite buying him at the time we strted with the new system itself. FWIW i dont see how Porter fits into it either...hes too feeble to play up there on his own...he needs 442.We'd be best to let him and Pearson go and invest in a proper defensive midfielder as back-up for Sav. NC wont play Addo there as we know so lets invest in a position we know need scovering.

i just cant see how Pearson cancover for any of the positions in the 4231 system and even more so if u need every player to 'put their body on teh line' for the team, tackle and fight for everything..... pearo cant do any of those things.

I don't see how you can say that about one of the of the few players that got his shirt dirty today.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was there today, and no, the fitness levels was the only thing to blame this week.

We looked tired from the word "go" and we couldn't afford to play positively.

To blame any one player today is foolish, to blame Pearson is mind-boggingly stupid. We looked worse when he went off, infact.

We werent fit enough? This was Leicester's third game this week and they looked pretty sharp to me. It wasnt our fitness, we were just beaten by the better side on the day. When teams close us down like them and Millwall done we run out of ideas, we ended up going backwards most of the time and then hoofing it forward.

I'm not blaming Pearson any more than the rest of them, they were all collectively sh*te. If you thought Pearson played well you must have very low expectations of him cos he was dire.

We werent fit enough? This was Leicester's third game this week and they looked pretty sharp to me. It wasnt our fitness, we were just beaten by the better side on the day. When teams close us down like them and Millwall done we run out of ideas, we ended up going backwards most of the time and then hoofing it forward.

I'm not blaming Pearson any more than the rest of them, they were all collectively sh*te. If you thought Pearson played well you must have very low expectations of him cos he was dire.

They looked fit to me too. We didn't.

I'm not saying we looked unfit because we played 3 games in a week, but we still looked hopelessly tired.

We have a team full of loanees with little recent match experience, old players nearing retirement, and young players who haven't played a full season at this level.

Add that with a coaching staff with a questionable record in terms of the fitness of players and fitness will be a major problem this year, and that's why we're not getting promoted this season.

I'm not saying we looked unfit because we played 3 games in a week, but we still looked hopelessly tired.

We have a team full of loanees with little recent match experience, old players nearing retirement, and young players who haven't played a full season at this level.

Add that with a coaching staff with a questionable record in terms of the fitness of players and fitness will be a major problem this year, and that's why we're not getting promoted this season.

A team full of loanees? We have two strikers on loan, who revolve with each other. The other loanee is a goalkeeper, who isn't affected by fitness.

A team full of loanees? We have two strikers on loan, who revolve with each other. The other loanee is a goalkeeper, who isn't affected by fitness.

Spot the journalist in the room! Jees, you know how to twist words dont you ;)

I never said a team full of loanees. I said a team full of loanees, AND players nearing retirement AND younger players from lower leagues.

Spot the journalist in the room! Jees, you know how to twist words dont you ;)

I never said a team full of loanees. I said a team full of loanees, AND players nearing retirement AND younger players from lower leagues.

I realise that, but it's the fact they're Loanees makes no difference really, as the two outfield loanees we have usually replace one another when they get tired, so they're going to be relatively fit, or 'fresh'.

Younger players are very fit, so that's no worry. The older playes are fair enough, but we only have Savage and Kuqi, and Kuqi is always replaced for a rest anyway.

I'd say our fitness is going to be worse as we cover more ground than other teams, so we're going to have a worse fitness till the players are properly used to it. I'd also say we've already improved with it already.

I realise that, but it's the fact they're Loanees makes no difference really, as the two outfield loanees we have usually replace one another when they get tired, so they're going to be relatively fit, or 'fresh'.

Younger players are very fit, so that's no worry. The older playes are fair enough, but we only have Savage and Kuqi, and Kuqi is always replaced for a rest anyway.

I'd say our fitness is going to be worse as we cover more ground than other teams, so we're going to have a worse fitness till the players are properly used to it. I'd also say we've already improved with it already.

Ahh, but Kuqi's 34 and Luke Moore's barely played in the past year. Kuqi only ever looks good for 70 minutes, if that. And Moore's career has been plagued by injury limiting him to sparodic appearances, hardly an ingredient for full match fitness/sharpness.

And as for young players, I disagree. Cywka's barely played first-team football. Bailey and Brayford have played in League 2 - completely different kettle of fish to the Championship, the game is much faster up here. Leacock's not had a pre-season. Moxey's not completed a full season yet. Barker didn't have much of a pre-season.

We'll get performances like this every now and again, and I'm dreading the Christmas period where the busy schedule will really bite teams like us.

Ahh, but Kuqi's 34 and Luke Moore's barely played in the past year. Kuqi only ever looks good for 70 minutes, if that. And Moore's career has been plagued by injury limiting him to sparodic appearances, hardly an ingredient for full match fitness/sharpness.

And as for young players, I disagree. Cywka's barely played first-team football. Bailey and Brayford have played in League 2 - completely different kettle of fish to the Championship, the game is much faster up here. Leacock's not had a pre-season. Moxey's not completed a full season yet. Barker didn't have much of a pre-season.

We'll get performances like this every now and again, and I'm dreading the Christmas period where the busy schedule will really bite teams like us.

Yes, but Kuqi and Moore revolve with each other when one another gets tired, so it's not too much of a problem with them.

Young players, even if they're not used to it, can quickly adjust to the speed. They're fit young men, they can handle it. Moxey has had well enough time, Leacock is fit enough already. Barker is getting fitter, though i'm glad he's suspended now as he needs a weeks rest as he's playing injured anyway.

I'm not too worried, I think it will happen as it does now. 3 very good performances, perhaps a draw in there, and then a loss.

One loanee today that would have been affected by fitness, Moore. Players nearing retirement? Savage and Kuqi, neither of which played today so dont see how they would have effected the team in looking 'hopelessly tired'. Dont see how not playing at this level would make that much difference, playing in League 2 there's probably even more emphasis on the physical side of the game.

The only reason why I don't want Pearson coming back is the common phrase "If it's not broken, don't fix it". Why screw around with a winning formula? We took out Savage and Moore, look what happened...

After we beat Palace, Preston and Boro at home plus got a point away at Swansea Clough changed the side for Donny by taking Kuqi and Savage out and we still won. Kuqi done little when he was on today and was poor against Ipswich.

We can't just keep sticking the same 11 players out 3 games a week, we'll run them into the ground and risk injuries. Players need to be rested and squad players need to come in and do a job, show me a manager that will keep the same 11 for 3 games in a week.

It's easy sitting here and saying we should of played Savage, we shouldn't of played Pearson, Green should of played there after the game, what would you be saying had we won? well done Nigel, great decision to rest Savage today?

You can't just blame the players that came into the team yesterday, we could of still lost the game even with the same 11 that beat Ipswich on Tuesday.

Pearson wasn't very good yesterday but the only way he is going to get fit and sharp is by playing. Clough clearly thinks he has a big part to play, he has told us enough. We have been grinding out results the last few games but we look our most fluent when burnio is playing.

Choosing Pearson over Savage was a fck-up by NC in my opinion. A big mistake, not just because of the total lack of impact Pearson (again) had on the match, but because of the impact on Savage.

Second one was selecting Moore over Kuqi.

Management, like players, can get a bit cocky when their on a roll and think they have a midas touch. Forgetting the oldest wisdom in the book of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' is a lesson he could do with learning here.

Other than clumsily bundle the ball over the line at Wembley, Pearson has never achieved a thing of note in a Derby shirt on anything like a consistent basis.

Other than clumsily bundle the ball over the line at Wembley, Pearson has never achieved a thing of note in a Derby shirt on anything like a consistent basis.

Totally agree. He must be amazing in training as a few managers have rated him - I've never seen anything from him other than pace. As a footballer, he appears... ***** to be honest.

As soon as I heard the line-up, I was worried. Pearson's crossing is awful and his decision making is just plain odd.

In Nigel's defence - I suspect he's focused on winning at home hence saving Savage, etc. Obviously we'd like to see our strongest team out there for every game but not sure it's practical.

sav can play one and a half games a week and that's pushing the boat out, pearson as well as pringle should be offloaded, neither are any good whatsoever and have spent enough time at the club taking wages for my liking.

A bit harsh on Pringle, he is a young player who the managment feel has potential, he has only started 3 or 4 games and hasnt looked that out of place. Im sure he isnt eating up that much of the wage bill having come from Ilkeston.

Archived