stephen pearson

Whoneedshuls

Barely any of the comments about Pearson in this thread are based on his performance against Leicester, which just proves how biased a lot of people are.

He wasn't very good against Leicester, no, but he wasn't the worst player, not by a long shot. Barker had a shocker, and if you want to blame anyone for our defeat then by all means hammer his performance.

But Pearson didn't stand out for being particularly bad on Saturday, especially not for a player who's not had a pre-season.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pearson had a bad game on sat, and i was a little shocked not to see pringle in the tea

i have a soft spot for pearson, but only cause ive been praising hm for so long, and its about time he helped me and put in a shift and prove me right

the problem he had on sat was he is clearly not fit, and shouldnt of started, if hed come on as a sub with 20mins remaining would be better. he should be getting his game time in the reserves while the team that won away at ipswich should of been unchanged

Barely any of the comments about Pearson in this thread are based on his performance against Leicester, which just proves how biased a lot of people are.

Yeah I'll admit I'm biassed when it comes to Pearson, it stems from watching him hide and bottle it for 3 years.

No-one had a good game on Satutday (I was there).

Some credit for this has to go to Leicester for working hard and keeping the pressure on our players for most of the game.

We have to learn to deal with this, but on reflection we were not beaten that badly. A silly mistake from Barker, and another from Commons.

I think overall we had enough chances to get something from the game.

As for Pearson, no he wasn't any worse than the other players, but they were not playing up their previous standards - Pearson was.

I think he could best be described as anonymous for most of the game.

He seemed to start in the middle of the 3 and looked completely lost in the system. When he moved out to the left he was in the game a bit more but I cannot recall him actually trying to get past anyone with the ball. His passing was its usual standard (poor) and he left Moxey badly exposed to Leicester attacks.

Maybe it is down to fitness, but as many have pointed out he should be getting most of that in the reserves. I doubt this, because over the last 3 years he has rarely produced anything anyway.

You just know that when he does get the ball the move will usually break down because:-

a) he has failed to control it properly

b) he has lost out to the defender

c) he has run the ball out of play in trying to get past the defender

d) he has got past the defender but failed to deliver a decent ball

I was disappointed that he was in the team, especially as he seems to get in ahead of players who are fit.

I would have stuck with Pringle, for the simple reasons he can cross a ball and will at least try to beat his man.

As for Savage not playing, I think that was down to he and Barker both being on 4 yellow cards, and NC did not want to lose both of them for next Saturday against Scunny, which I think is sound judgement - it will not be an easy game.

No-one had a good game on Satutday (I was there).

Some credit for this has to go to Leicester for working hard and keeping the pressure on our players for most of the game.

We have to learn to deal with this, but on reflection we were not beaten that badly. A silly mistake from Barker, and another from Commons.

I think overall we had enough chances to get something from the game.

As for Pearson, no he wasn't any worse than the other players, but they were not playing up their previous standards - Pearson was.

I think he could best be described as anonymous for most of the game.

He seemed to start in the middle of the 3 and looked completely lost in the system. When he moved out to the left he was in the game a bit more but I cannot recall him actually trying to get past anyone with the ball. His passing was its usual standard (poor) and he left Moxey badly exposed to Leicester attacks.

Maybe it is down to fitness, but as many have pointed out he should be getting most of that in the reserves. I doubt this, because over the last 3 years he has rarely produced anything anyway.

You just know that when he does get the ball the move will usually break down because:-

a) he has failed to control it properly

b) he has lost out to the defender

c) he has run the ball out of play in trying to get past the defender

d) he has got past the defender but failed to deliver a decent ball

I was disappointed that he was in the team, especially as he seems to get in ahead of players who are fit.

I would have stuck with Pringle, for the simple reasons he can cross a ball and will at least try to beat his man.

As for Savage not playing, I think that was down to he and Barker both being on 4 yellow cards, and NC did not want to lose both of them for next Saturday against Scunny, which I think is sound judgement - it will not be an easy game.

Good post mate.

And in regards to Saturday, i'm not sure Leicester are getting enough credit. I don't like saying it but they played very well. Every single player for them out performed their opponent. None of them allowed any Rams player to get the upper hand except on the very very rare occasion..

Archived