Ian Holloway - I'll quit if I'm fined

Day

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whichever way you look at this Ian Hollaway is the Blackpool manager and is challenged with picking his team out of his 25 player named squad submitted to the Premier League. As the manager, he is charged with picking the team and not the Premier League.

How does the Premier League determine a weakened team?

How many player changes do you have to make to be charged with fielding a weakened team?

Why not let the Premier League pick each team rather than the manager?

In my opinion this is a crazy decision by the Premier League and I hope Blackpool successfully appeal against the fine.

That's true derbydan, but since that Wolves-ManU game the Premier League have introduced the 25 man squad size limit, that has to be registered at the close of each transfer window. Teams can only pick players from that 25 man squad. As long as Ollie does that then why should the Premier League be able to say it's an under strength team?

That's true derbydan, but since that Wolves-ManU game the Premier League have introduced the 25 man squad size limit, that has to be registered at the close of each transfer window. Teams can only pick players from that 25 man squad. As long as Ollie does that then why should the Premier League be able to say it's an under strength team?

I agree 100% with Hartley H on this one. I know Blackpool made 10 changes but when you go through who was picked then how this constitutes an under strength side, for a team like Blackpool, I have no idea. No disrespect to Blackpool intended as they've been a refreshing change and managed to do what we didn't, we know first hand how difficult it is to compete in the PL.

I think the officials of the game need to keep out of team selection and let club managers do their job with the restrictions introduced by the powers that be.

I was listening to an interesting debate on Talk Sport today about squad rotation and under strength teams. It seems some second string teams are less under strength than other teams second strings, it seems you can't fiddle with the rule book;)

Archived