Armistice Day

Srg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say i'm english but that is because i was born in england, i think it gives one a sense of national identity to say they are english and not british, british is vague you could have come from northern ireland, wales, scotland or england, but to say your english means your from england. I don't hate any country and to do so is in my opinion foolish.

did you not see the banners at celtic regarding the poppies?

celtic are anti-poppy rangers are for, thiers a surprise!

and jocks apply to anyone from scotland.

Celtic are not anti poppy at all, the minority that took those banners are to be banned from Celtic Park.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49850000/jpg/_49850328_1337715

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9168655.stm

Celtic are not anti poppy at all, the minority that took those banners are to be banned from Celtic Park.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49850000/jpg/_49850328_1337715

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9168655.stm

yes they are and i bet u not 1 of the gb will be banned over it i mean they never exactly sneaked them in did they they only done this as the outcry was national and they were getting very bad press from it the banners were made as celtic banned the sale of poppies inside there staduim or outside in the councorses and the fans group took this as they wouldnt have poppies on there top which the fan group loved. a pro ira group u will struggle to find anywhere in the world than these cretins

we are not jocks we are british same as you have a wee look at your passport. yes of course i saw and it was disgusting but even so its nothing to do with cathloics and protestants does it ?

the british flag is made up of 3 colours

white for england

blue for scotland

red for wales

your either english, scottish, or welsh,

british is being used by you rangers fans purely to goade the celtic fans, so you honestly call yourselfs british?

what national football team do you follow?

keep your sectarian ***** for scotland!

ps yes you are a jock too!

the british flag is made up of 3 colours

white for england

blue for scotland

red for wales

your either english, scottish, or welsh,

british is being used by you rangers fans purely to goade the celtic fans, so you honestly call yourselfs british?

what national football team do you follow?

keep your sectarian ***** for scotland!

ps yes you are a jock too!

im british and yes i call my self british dont watch international football cant stand the ********* who follow scotland in what way is this sectarian ?? and the union jack is http://i54.tinypic.com/15ocxf5 u should really do your homework before u post such crap

im british and yes i call my self british dont watch international football cant stand the ********* who follow scotland in what way is this sectarian ?? and the union jack is http://i54.tinypic.com/15ocxf5 u should really do your homework before u post such crap

so when your abroad and someone asks-where are you from?

you reply-britain?

dont think so some how,

you go under the guise of the british flag for 1 reason and 1 reason alone!

i used to read some of the posts on the det and you were of the same mindset over there, you may hate celic and catholics but keep that crap in scotland where it belongs.:mad:

Got a couple of Celtic mates and I was talking to them about it, they said the majority don't care either way if the poppy's are on the shirts, they wouldn't buy one but they would respect the minutes silence and have no problems if they are shown on the shirt. They are embarassed by what the Green Brigade did by bringing the banners into the ground, pretty much echoed what's been said in this thread that politics should be kept out of football.

so when your abroad and someone asks-where are you from?

you reply-britain?

dont think so some how,

you go under the guise of the british flag for 1 reason and 1 reason alone!

i used to read some of the posts on the det and you were of the same mindset over there, you may hate celic and catholics but keep that crap in scotland where it belongs.:mad:

when someone asks me where im from i can assure u i say im british not once i have mentioned any thing bad about catholics on here for anyone to say the poppy display was to wind up catholics is unreal thats the whole argument must be a new one to me that the protestants and catholics fought each other in world wars :confused:

when someone asks me where im from i can assure u i say im british not once i have mentioned any thing bad about catholics on here for anyone to say the poppy display was to wind up catholics is unreal thats the whole argument must be a new one to me that the protestants and catholics fought each other in world wars :confused:

you say your british eh?

and proud to be british?

and not scottish?

why does your avatar show the flag of scotland , and your forum name kincardine loyal is just more propaganda , catholic, and proddys , muslims, jews, christians etc are all guilty for the mess that we find ourselves in today, its about time people stopped living in the past and grew up!

Well said Kincardine!

I never describe myself as English, I'm British, and that's why I find it a little hard to be patriotic about the English national team.

I always support the home nations, whoever they're playing. If the England match is dull, I'll turn over to the Scotland game, cheering for a Scotland win.

The Poppy isn't a British symbol though, it is a symbol of peace and rememberance. When we have our 2 minutes silence, I don't just remember the Brits that died in those foreign fields; if you go to the war memorial in Ypres, you'll see thousands upon thousands of Asian sounding names. It wasn't their war, but intially more Indians volunteered in the early stages of the Great War than the Welsh, Scots and Irish put together. It wasn't their war and they fought for freedom as well.

It all makes those chants of "England, England, England" on Rememberance Weekend seem a little out of touch.

Being patriotic isn't necessarily stupid, but it makes some people blind.

I think you have to say you're English/Scottish whatever if you're born there, as it's your country of birth. However, it's also a great thing to say we're British too.

I don't support Scotland when they play, simply as I see the football teams as rivals. The people however I hold none of the petty grudges that seem to be held by certain people. A very good friend of mine was Scottish, he didn't care about the supposed dislike between the two countries either.

Archived