Match Thread - Oxford United (A) - Tuesday 22nd October 2024

Crewton

5 hours ago, popside72 said:

i travelled, i respect your opinion, but didn't think we deserved to win.

The reason why i am picking up on this is that we have now won one in six. That is not bad luck, it is because we were not good enough to win them. We were playing for a draw on tuesday as soon as we equalised. That is very dangerous in this division. Six draws is six points, but six wins eighteen, and at the end of the season there re always a few clubs who go on a winning run.

We now have a run of relatively straight forwards fixtures. I have my Coventry ticket and by then i think we will have a far better idea as to where this side is heading.

Well, there was certainly some awful officiating that went entirely in favour of our opponents at Sheff U and against Norwich, but I would particularly take issue with you about us 'playing for a draw' immediately after we equalised on Tuesday, given that we had 8 attempts on goal after that and that we made two arguably attacking substitutions immediately after equaliser; also the only defensive substitution that Warne made was Phillips for NML in the 89th minute.

You only have to look at our record last season, and before the Millwall game, to recognise that Warne is true to his words - he doesn't like draws!

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

Well, there was certainly some awful officiating that went entirely in favour of our opponents at Sheff U and against Norwich, but I would particularly take issue with you about us 'playing for a draw' immediately after we equalised on Tuesday, given that we had 8 attempts on goal after that and that we made two arguably attacking substitutions immediately after equaliser; also the only defensive substitution that Warne made was Phillips for NML in the 89th minute.

You only have to look at our record last season, and before the Millwall game, to recognise that Warne is true to his words - he doesn't like draws!

Totally agree with that. He only brought Phillips and Collo on when he realised most of our players were "gassed out" and he didn't want Oxford to snatch a late winner.