Out of sync?

HecMacTod

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Almost made the playoffs in his first season with a squad put together by Liam Rosenior. Then not allowed to pay any fees in the January window. Not a bad effort.

Automatic promotion in his second season. A season in which, again, we weren't allowed to pay fees meaning we could recruit 30 somethings who were out of contract and young players on loan. Again, not a bad effort.

Season 3. Limited budget which, it seems, he has spent well. 4 wins from 5 home games. The one we lost was, to a great extent, due to errors by the officials. You might argue we were lucky against Boro as they had the lion's share of the ball and pressed us back but we limited them to long distance shots. The one time they did get through us find the net, it was offside. We are not playing the same style as last season. Does that mean PW has learnt and adapted, using his experience at Rotherham to do so? IMO, yes. Away from home, we haven't been hammered by anybody and we've played the sides currently 1st, 2nd, 6th and 8th. All of whom have excellent home records this season. Again, not a bad effort.

Looking at the above, I might have been better saying "he doesn't deserve the sack/replacing" but that's mere semantics. If you take everything into account. 7th place, 2nd place, a reasonable start to season 3, the financial limitations, there's nothing to suggest he should be replaced.

You are completely at Liberty to disagree, forums would be boring if we all agreed all the time. Whatever terminology one chooses to use, PW does not warrant losing his job at the moment.

Game . Set and match 👏🏼

"The only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself" is a quote attributed to former British Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill

The great man lives on, he always said statistics were more for support than illumination.

PW and staff are doing a fine job and exceeding many of my expectations, in delivering a promotion under tough circumstances and moving forward with a limited squad, who play well individually and as a team.

Some of the interplay  I have seen already this year has been a delight and the involvement of the crowd, urging the team on has been superb.

We still have a way to go but I am thoroughly enjoying the journey thus far. COYR