Archie's 1st birthday cake

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is actually an awesome cake. Send it in to the one show and say it's a tribute to your favourite team. Because Chiles doesn't present it you might get a few seconds of screen time! :D

Send the photo into The Ram - they'll gladly print that in the programme, that'd be a nice keepsake for him when he's older.

Two great ideas, I dont buy the ram, do you know any contact details?

I'm sure they'll print it - they've printed a few things I've sent them.

It'll make a nice christmas pressie for your in-laws Hucknall - a Derby County Programme - what better.:D

Just wanted to share a photo of my lads 1st birthday cake made by my wife, she maybe a nottingham girl but these is one of the qualities that make up for the fact.

http://tapa.tk/mu/5e0e1eb6-701d-9a53

I think that's a fab cake - well done to your missis for that one!

We made 3 cakes for our lil lad's birthday, one was a pitch, one was a football (that was so bloody tricky to do with it being round) and the other one was a scoreboard with small silver balls reading Derby County 1, Florests 0. He loved it and there wasn't much left after him and his mates scoffed it. Got a pick on my phone but it's not very good.

I think that's a fab cake - well done to your missis for that one!

We made 3 cakes for our lil lad's birthday, one was a pitch, one was a football (that was so bloody tricky to do with it being round) and the other one was a scoreboard with small silver balls reading Derby County 1, Florests 0. He loved it and there wasn't much left after him and his mates scoffed it. Got a pick on my phone but it's not very good.

The scoredoard said "JAMES 6 TODAY" we couldnt make the Forest fit on it, dont you remember?

I'm working on a picture, hopefully it will be up today (got to find a way of getting it from your phone to mine and then onto the PC)

Ladyram that ball must have been a, well, ball ache to make.

All these clever mums put me to shame.

Costco for mine i'm afraid. :redface:

Mind you, they are a bit old for a home made one now.

Evening all - ta muchly's for the compliments!

Hi mrs - yep, the ball sure was a ball ache to do, it took a fair few bakes of the same cake before it would even start to look round, it was hard to get the outside edges of it to rise equally with the sides without it over baking.

If I cut the top off the two halves to make it level, it would look really small and rubbish. :frown: The hexagons kept slipping about, the joining icing kept melting (as the pics show) and the writing icing used for the pitch lines is a tricky beggar to use, hence it's a bit wonky!:redface: Oh, and because I cut the scoreboard at an angle, the bloody thing kept toppling over!!

I searched everywhere for players in black and white - couldn't find any anywhere.

But hey ho, the kids weren't fussed, it just got a quick "wow" and was scoffed. James has asked me for another football next year!!:eek:

Ladyram that ball must have been a, well, ball ache to make.

All these clever mums put me to shame.

Costco for mine i'm afraid. :redface:

Mind you, they are a bit old for a home made one now.

Ps mrs - I bet if you made one for one of your kids - the others would want one too! :)

Archived