Best 11 based on who we have…

I think that you start your team selection with Ozoh and Adams and work out from there personally.

They are key to everything we do in my opinion. There are lots of interchangeable parts around the pitch but for me these 2 are the irreplaceable foundation that will make us competitive.

We have plenty of options for a number of different formations which is very pleasing, although I’ll caveat it that we are one or two off each formation from being complete. 

I love the idea of a back three: Nelson, Phillips, Cashin. I think we suffer upfront playing that formation:

Nelson Phillips Cashin

Wilson Ozoh Adams Osborn

Kenzo

Yates Jackson

I do also like the 4-3-3 formation with what we have, but can’t lie that I feel a little uncomfortable with the left back situation. Elder is proving his worth, Forsyth is still very steady. I don’t think either will be anything other than ok at this level. Although, saying that, Nyambe is probably one of the best defensive full backs in the division. He’s brilliant at what he does, but not going forward. 

The problem is that three of our likely best five players are centre backs. I do think that will we likely see that against the very top teams in the league, especially away from home. 

I think it helps that we are able to manoeuvre with injuries and keep ourselves fresh with how we’ve built the squad. The central midfielders will be tasked with taking on a lot of information and changing their rotations based on the players around them, but I think we have such a good range of talent there - it’s the best we’ve been in midfield since the glory days of Bryson, Hendrick, Hughes, Thorne & Eustace. 

I think all the evidence points to 3-4-3 or some variant of that being Warne's preferred formation. Thats why he has bought so many 'wingers' when people thought he would be wanting wing backs. I don't think he plans to play with wing back at all, but rather with a 3 at the back out of possession that becomes a 4 when we are defending. Thats in fact how we have played a lot of the time