DCFC Away Wins Club Record

Seen this proudly heralded on here and rightly so, but it does still seem to have gone under the radar a little, unless yours truly has simply missed it. Thirteen away wins in a single season is bonkers and in these lower divisions, it feels like it's even harder, with some teams pulling out all the stops to ensure their pitches don't encourage actual football. And that's before we mention the 'special attention' ritually handed out to any player with attacking ability.

Thinking about this a little, it wasn't that long ago that we couldn't buy an away win and even more recently, our home form was shocking with only our away day prowess keeping our noses in it. On reflection, I'm quite proud at how we've ridden the bumps, worked hard and have improved all the way to the line. Going into the last game we've a 14 to 13 split for home and away victories, so our home form in the second half of the season has actually been very good too.

Having a quick tot up as I read the article, a great stat emerged, no xG, I promise!; in winning the 13 away games, we outscored our respective opponents by a staggering 31 goals to 6 which yields an effective rate of over 5 goals scored for every one conceded. See! I told you it was a doozy! 

Have a read of the article linked below if you fancy a quick bask in the reflected glory. Handy way to distract yourself from how slowly this pesky working week is going.

Whadddya mean it's only Monday!?! It must be at least Wednesday by now!!! 😡

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/04/in-focus-the-away-wins-that-set-a-new-derby-county-club-record

Edited by Comrade 86

15 hours ago, LN747 said:

Didn’t the 85/86 side or 86/87 get a similar amount ?

From the second line of the article, tsk, tsk... 😋

The previous record was 12, set in the 2004/05 and 2006/07 campaigns respectively, and Warne’s side equalled that return in March with a comprehensive 3-0 success at Bristol Rovers.

A superb achievement by Paul Warne and the lads, no game is easy away from home , the lads have achieved this by keeping their shape off the ball and hitting teams on the counter attack and digging in when necessary, a record that will take some beating