January Transfer Rumours

On 01/01/2024 at 20:59, Jram said:

He was utterly anonymous the few times I saw him play for Forest Green but hard to judge given they’re one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen 😂

I thought he was a better footballer than his owd fella but much less of a physical presence. Take the best of Dad's game and add it to the best of young uns game and you've got yersen a footballer.

Having said that, if we do sign him (unlikely as the story was in the Daily Fail) he'd best get used to oppo fans chanting "your Dad wasn't very good and neither are you" or words to that effect 😉

On 01/01/2024 at 18:43, BuckoBeast said:

Love the transfer rumours 

IMG_4764.png

As he’d play the same roll Hourihane has been playing I’ve compared their stats from this season.

IMG_3197.thumb.jpeg.42c9c7a08535b63e15fb667505a341ed.jpegIMG_3196.thumb.jpeg.78bc24592a84fb24faba1068d09922e0.jpeg

Think it shows he’d protect the back four more effectively, as well as not massively depleting our midfields quality on the ball. Could be a good investment considering he’s only 20 years old. 

56 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

As he’d play the same roll Hourihane has been playing I’ve compared their stats from this season.

IMG_3197.thumb.jpeg.42c9c7a08535b63e15fb667505a341ed.jpegIMG_3196.thumb.jpeg.78bc24592a84fb24faba1068d09922e0.jpeg

Think it shows he’d protect the back four more effectively, as well as not massively depleting our midfields quality on the ball. Could be a good investment considering he’s only 20 years old. 

Have to caveat some of Hourihane’s offensive stats by saying he takes every dead ball. 

"Brighton have activated a $10m (£7.9m) release clause for Boca Juniors and Argentina Under-20 defender Valentin Barco, 19, who has also been linked with Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid. (TyC Sports - in Spanish)" 

From bbc football website 6th Jan.

Could it possibly mean that Brighton will not be pursuing their interest in Eiran Cashin? 🤞

7 minutes ago, europia said:

"Brighton have activated a $10m (£7.9m) release clause for Boca Juniors and Argentina Under-20 defender Valentin Barco, 19, who has also been linked with Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Real Madrid. (TyC Sports - in Spanish)" 

From bbc football website 6th Jan.

Could it possibly mean that Brighton will not be pursuing their interest in Eiran Cashin? 🤞

Sadly has no impact as he plays left back or left wing.