Your last spine tingling moment?

Alph

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, the spine-tingling moment to end all spine-tingling moments came on a Monday night when we weren't playing.

If you're old enough, you'll know.

Hmmm, guess you're talking about Wolves v Leeds and Arsenal v Liverpool. Very spine tingling night!

Can't even imagine the feeling of being the Champions of England. I don't think i'd ever watch football again. It'd be job done. The end of long,long journey.

Looking at the passion Chelsea fans and players show it's not such a big deal to them. They often make it look like a job that just needs doing rather than coming closer to the finest moment any English club can experience. I know the Champions League is the big target to clubs and fans abroad but for most fans here it's the champions of England prize that calls loudest.

Really don't get these glory hunting fans. Isn't it better to struggle for anything you get than watch gifted players just go through the motions each week?

It's amusing that a set of fans can get a far better feeling from winning promotion to the Premiership than another set of fans can get from winning it!!

I just feel a bit sorry for those real Chelsea fans who could watch Chelsea win a scrappy 1-0 against Blackburn etc and have that on top of the world feeling. Spoiled by the "i want to be entertained" crew

my recent spine tingling moment was watching the soccer special when we played donny, i got my grounds mixed up because near the end of the games they said there has been a goal at deepdale. then when preston flashed up on the screen i could relax as it dawned on me i was an idiot haha

You mentioned the match for us old enough to remember Vs Benfica with then the greatest footballer in the world playing for them, Eusabio. For you young 'uns it was like seeing Lionel Messi at PP. Todd & Macfarland hardly gave Eusabio a look in, the football was electric and together with a full Baseball Ground the emotion of the night was unbelievable. All the European nights were good but that was extra special.

That was my first ever game at the BBG, the atmosphere was unbelievable, I was hooked for life !

The game against Real Madrid was a bit special too, the night when Charlie George became a real Rams legend. I was stood on the Ossie End terrace with quite a few Madrid fans around us, including the guy with the big drum ( Manolo ? ). They were sharing bottles of red wine with those long necks and in little wicker baskets that you pour into your throat from about 2 feet away, the Rams fans who tried it got covered in wine. It was a top night, would have had the Pride Park health and safety brigade having panic attacks.

I just feel a bit sorry for those real Chelsea fans who could watch Chelsea win a scrappy 1-0 against Blackburn etc and have that on top of the world feeling. Spoiled by the "i want to be entertained" crew

In fairness, most of the 'I want to be entertained' crew wouldn't be annoyed at a scrappy win if you're trying to play the football and the game just becomes scrappy.

It's if Chelsea were playing boring football at which point they'd be annoyed, and in fairness so would I, but most shouldn't be annoyed by that.

Archived