A new daily game. Name the year & opponents of a famous Rams match

admira

17 minutes ago, admira said:

118. Year, opponents and memories. 5-1 away win. Goal scorers not necessarily in the correct order.

image.png.a6a4d2b351779793860babd66d9a2c8f.png

I want to say Luton but is that just because we signed Pembridge from Luton?!

Judging by the line-up I'll go for 1993.

Not confident with this one at all!

17 minutes ago, jameso said:

I want to say Luton but is that just because we signed Pembridge from Luton?!

Judging by the line-up I'll go for 1993.

Not confident with this one at all!

Well you've done well then as that's spot on with team and year.

8 minutes ago, admira said:

Well you've done well then as that's spot on with team and year.

I'm astonished. Amazing what stuff lurks in the old noggin when one gives it a wobble 🤣

23 minutes ago, admira said:

120. Year, opponents and memories. 4-1 away win.

image.png.08338b282ecca3c2fda503c20d870fa0.png

This one is away to Middlesbrough, and I believe it was in 2000.

(Bit easier for me than yesterday's! 😉)

Edit: as for memories... it was unexpected because we didn't have a great record at Middlesbrough (and still don't) and weren't doing very well. Also I had a friend visiting from New Zealand so couldn't keep tabs on the game as much as I'd have liked... which explains why we won, probably. Oh, and if not Christie's debut, then surely his first start (?)

Edited by jameso

2 hours ago, admira said:

121. Year, opponents and memories. 2-1 home win, important game.

image.png.2f672ea9c6601d5b4d7bba6fae3516d3.png

Think this maybe the second leg of the play-off semi-final in 1992 against Blackburn. Only because of the Andy Comyn goal and you referring to an important game.

Was limping around for this one has i had been kicked by a Police Horse in Blackburn at the first leg when we got Speedided.

1 hour ago, I DONT MIND said:

Think this maybe the second leg of the play-off semi-final in 1992 against Blackburn. Only because of the Andy Comyn goal and you referring to an important game.

Was limping around for this one has i had been kicked by a Police Horse in Blackburn at the first leg when we got Speedided.

What was the formation in this game? Simpson, Gabbiadini, McMinn, Kitson and Johnson ALL started?!

1 hour ago, jameso said:

What was the formation in this game? Simpson, Gabbiadini, McMinn, Kitson and Johnson ALL started?!

I think it was 4-3-3, with Super Ted (RHS) and Simmo (LHS) playing wide of the Middle 3. and Jossy playing as an Anchor

Arthur used to play the front three (Kitson, Gabbiadini, Johnson) regularly with Simmo starting so the odd man out is Ted.

It was a very attacking structure.

I think the season after we had something like 5or 6 players reaching double figures in all games and averaged more than two goals again.

47 minutes ago, I DONT MIND said:

I think it was 4-3-3, with Super Ted (RHS) and Simmo (LHS) playing wide of the Middle 3. and Jossy playing as an Anchor

Arthur used to play the front three (Kitson, Gabbiadini, Johnson) regularly with Simmo starting so the odd man out is Ted.

It was a very attacking structure.

I think the season after we had something like 5or 6 players reaching double figures in all games and averaged more than two goals again.

I seem to remember (in the subsequent season) Simmo would be on the left and Johnson on the right, with Kitson & Gabbiadini up front. Johnson wasn't too effective out wide though and did much better up front after Kitson left.

(That's my recollection anyway!)

Still seems beyond attacking to have only Williams in the middle with 2 wingers and 3 forwards beyond him. 2-1 seems quite a surprising scoreline! Unfortunately not enough to reverse the damage from the first leg.

48 minutes ago, admira said:

122. Year, opponents and memories. 4-2 home win

image.png.031497ca026a2273e9df9add6e373e47.png

I think we had more than one high-scoring and pulsating win over Wolves, and this might be "the other one" (didn't Martin hit a hat-trick in the slightly more convincing one though... possibly 5-0?)

From the personnel, including a fit George Thorne, but also Ince, Shackell and Carson, I'll go for 2015.