Pre season training

MadAmster

We know the fixtures are out on June 22nd at 09:00. We know the opening game is in the weekend of August 4th. 1st round of the Carabao in the midweek following. We know when the draws are for the Carabao and Pizza Cups. What I've not seen yet is when pre season training starts.

My guess would be Monday June 26th, giving the squad 6 full weeks to ramp up fitness, gel the Newbies into the squad and get used to whatever PWs preferred system will be for the new season. Including the keeper I think he might go for 1-3-4-2-1 or a 1-3-4-3. 

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

We know the fixtures are out on June 22nd at 09:00. We know the opening game is in the weekend of August 4th. 1st round of the Carabao in the midweek following. We know when the draws are for the Carabao and Pizza Cups. What I've not seen yet is when pre season training starts.

My guess would be Monday June 26th, giving the squad 6 full weeks to ramp up fitness, gel the Newbies into the squad and get used to whatever PWs preferred system will be for the new season. Including the keeper I think he might go for 1-3-4-2-1 or a 1-3-4-3. 

It'd be that week or the week after, as most contracts run til/start from 1st July.

You're also the first person I've ever seen include the keeper in their formation!

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

It'd be that week or the week after, as most contracts run til/start from 1st July.

You're also the first person I've ever seen include the keeper in their formation!

Perhaps our managers should try the same tactick?

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Standard fare here in the Netherlands. Also done in FA coaching courses when I did the Level 3...