Proud!

Damon1985

5 hours ago, Damon1985 said:

Just getting back from a day in Sheffield! I'm proud to be a Derby fan! We will be back where we belong soon enough. Great to find some fellow Derby fans and sing some Derby songs in Sheffield. DTID!  Sorry for starting a thread but feeling very emotional right now

True football fans have to take the good with the bad, at the moment its bad, but come the start of next season we will feel good again.CYR.

6 hours ago, Damon1985 said:

Just getting back from a day in Sheffield! I'm proud to be a Derby fan! We will be back where we belong soon enough. Great to find some fellow Derby fans and sing some Derby songs in Sheffield. DTID!  Sorry for starting a thread but feeling very emotional right now

I’m not sure I like the phrase, ‘back where we belong’. When we do get promoted, as happy as I’ll be, it will also be tinged with a melancholy, that we’re really just back where we started before Mel took over. Where we belong is something we’ve been trying to achieve for nearly 20 years now (and if you count our most recent season in the prem as nothing more than an embarrassing blip, then it’s more like 30 years since the Jim smith years). All promotion from league one will represent is back where we started.