Old 60s photo

RoyMac5

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ricky Marlowe and Jim Walker. Ricky Marlowe was a forward in the Reserve team from 1968 to 1973. He was often included in the first team squad but never made a single appearance. He moved to Shrewsbury Town in 1973 and then Clough & Taylor signed him for Brighton in 1974. His last league club was Wimbledon when they came into the  EFL. When he came to Derby at the start of the promotion season he was in the same club digs as John Robson in Littleover.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

7 hours ago, Agadirram said:

.........and all those in the photo were at Derby in 1968.  Boyer left in July `68.  However, if I remember correctly, Willie Carlin joined after a handful of games in the 68/69 season by which time Boyer would have been at York.

You're right, but I think that photo is a preseason one anyway, so possibly before the 69/70 season?

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

You're right, but I think that photo is a preseason one anyway, so possibly before the 69/70 season?

I think it is the pre-season of 1970-71 when we won the Watney Cup. George Edwards published two books called the Derby County  Football Book (end of 1969-70) and the Derby County  Football Book Two (end of 1970-71). This picture featured in the 1971 book and I am pretty sure it was one of several from a colour feature in the Daily Express celebrating the winning of the Watney Cup.