Expiring contracts

Poynton ram

On 14/04/2023 at 22:48, The Jeff Bourne Legacy said:

According to Radio Derby on their Sportscene Talk in on Tuesday, Knight (1 yr option)  Hourihane, McGoldrick, Chester, Forsyth, Davies, Stearman and Loach are all out of contract in the Summer. With Dobbins, Roberts, McGee, White and Springett returning to their parent clubs we will be left with around 9 first team players. 10 if Bielik returns.

This could be viewed as a major problem with the club almost having to rebuild from scratch again, or as an ideal time for Paul Warne to bring in players of his choice to build for a promotion challenge.

Whatever your view it's going to be another  interesting Summer window with plenty of transfer action to come.

Trying to get Dizzy to sign another contract is a must. I would also give Fozzy another year or two (great squad player and to provide some stability). Would love to see us sign Roberts on a permanent if we can.

On 17/04/2023 at 11:23, Gerry Daly said:

I think I agree with you up to a point. I don't think the gulf is as great as you say. We were in the championship last season and would have comfortably survived but for the points deduction. I think it could be argued that we have a better squad this season, if not better then as good. But be that as it may I tend to agree that it won't hurt for us to stay down another season and build. Also to do so while the final year of the business plan restrictions we are under expire so that if we are promoted at the end of next season we will be able to pay fees and compete properly   

Do you really think we have a better squad this season ? - I don’t - we could have done with McGoldrick last season !