Tom Glick on Sportscene Phone-in

Hartley Hare

Just heard him(Glick) slip up and say on the P!ss instead of on the Pitch Lol.

The more i listen to Glick on RD the more i want him out of OUR club.

bring back Gadsby and let a Derbyshire man run our club.....

Oh and Roger davies licking Glicks Arse on RD what a terribly choice from RD to choose him for comentry on the local radio.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the charm offensive is on in earnest. Just heard on Radio Derby that Tom Glick will be on the phone-in, for the full hour, on Monday 11th October.

More Yankee propaganda I am afraid. Their agenda is clearly to run us with as little investment as possible for the foreseeable future, hope we strike lucky with promotion one year like Blackpool, and then flog us off asap as a "Prem Club" for a tidy return on their investment and avoid any serious Prem spending. In otherwords, we'll be back to exactly the same position we were in when Mr Gadsby graciously bowed out after being led to believe the Yankees were serious investors.

In years to come, this Yankee period in the Clubs history will be viewed as a complete non-event.

Just caught up with this on iplayer:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00bdd8n/Sportscene_TalkIn_Sportscene_TalkIn_live_from_Pride_Park_with_Tom_Glick/

About 11 and a half minutes in,after talking of the options to repay/extend the mortgage in 2016,he says he expects we would be in the Championship then?

When asked about investment in the next question,he doesn't give the current position,but goes back to that in April.Was a bit confused over his comment that we faced competition from 6 clubs that wanted to sign Bueno on a permanent- how could they do this if Real Madrid have the option to buy up to the end of the season?

When asked about investment in the next question,he doesn't give the current position,but goes back to that in April.Was a bit confused over his comment that we faced competition from 6 clubs that wanted to sign Bueno on a permanent- how could they do this if Real Madrid have the option to buy up to the end of the season?

It could be a buy back clause with a set price already agreed not an exclusive re-buy clause. Real madird did it with players in the past, and if the player is sold to a different club they get a percentage of the sale.

It could be a buy back clause with a set price already agreed not an exclusive re-buy clause. Real madird did it with players in the past, and if the player is sold to a different club they get a percentage of the sale.

Whatever the Real Madrid arrangement is,I'm not entirely convinced that we faced serious competition from the 6 looking to buy on a permanent basis.

Whatever the Real Madrid arrangement is,I'm not entirely convinced that we faced serious competition from the 6 looking to buy on a permanent basis.

Wouldnt that depend on how much they were offering to buy for, how much that would leave Valledoid after Madrid took there share and how much we have paid to have him on loan.

Your original point for not believing Glick was the buy back clause - so whats wrong with the statment now.

Wouldnt that depend on how much they were offering to buy for, how much that would leave Valledoid after Madrid took there share and how much we have paid to have him on loan.

Your original point for not believing Glick was the buy back clause - so whats wrong with the statment now.

My point would be that they were probably put off fairly quickly-you may have expected at least one of the six might be able to strike a deal if the "strings" weren't too onerous.It may well be that Valledoid aren't keen on selling anyway,depending on whether or not they gain promotion (a possibility alluded to by Glick).

My point would be that they were probably put off fairly quickly-you may have expected at least one of the six might be able to strike a deal if the "strings" weren't too onerous.It may well be that Valledoid aren't keen on selling anyway,depending on whether or not they gain promotion (a possibility alluded to by Glick).

Not if we offered more for the loan than they would have been left with after the sale taking into account any sell on clause.

Not if we offered more for the loan than they would have been left with after the sale taking into account any sell on clause.

Which is what I meant by the strings being too onerous.Again,if his club wanted to see what happened with promotion,then selling the player (unless RM exercised an option) wouldn't come into their equation (unless,perhaps,they were offered silly money).

More Yankee propaganda I am afraid. Their agenda is clearly to run us with as little investment as possible for the foreseeable future, hope we strike lucky with promotion one year like Blackpool, and then flog us off asap as a "Prem Club" for a tidy return on their investment and avoid any serious Prem spending. In otherwords, we'll be back to exactly the same position we were in when Mr Gadsby graciously bowed out after being led to believe the Yankees were serious investors.

In years to come, this Yankee period in the Clubs history will be viewed as a complete non-event.

You obviously have no grasp of what the current board is trying to do, we are now on a secure financial footing though the club is still running at a loss, we are in a rebuilding process and that takes time, look at the last few results, nothing has changed on the pitch with the way we are trying to play football, its just the results have changed, the confidence is growing in the team, we now have a number of attacking options as we go forward, with the likes of green and brayford linking up on the right wink, commons roaming, cywka having the confidence to run with ball and take players on, kuqui holding the ball up and making a presence, we are now having far more shots in a game and that only mean one thing, more goals, score goals and we will win matches, things will not happen over night and it is slowly coming together, its no good throwing money at it, thats what happened in the past with the big spending on players like ravanelli etc and we were still paying him money years after he left,

we are heading in the right direction and starting from the bottom, building a young squad that can grow together, look at wenger at arsenal he builds a squad not just a team and slots the younger players in at the right time, i think the club is being run in a way that reflects the times we live in, whats the point in spending all of your income on paying off a debt from two years ago, this way we will soon have money to spent on fresh players who can add to the squad, just give it time.

we are heading in the right direction and starting from the bottom, building a young squad that can grow together,

With temporary loan signings like Kuqi, Noble, Bueno, Moore, and Fielding.

If they don't move heaven and Earth to get Bueno here on a permanent basis, then they all want shooting.

If they don't move heaven and Earth to get Bueno here on a permanent basis, then they all want shooting.

What about Nigels "non-league" permanent signings made in the summer?, been crap haven't they so let's string the barstards up and shoot them.

Show me Championship clubs that haven't made temporary loan signings this season, I can name one club down the A52 that finished 3rd last season and have made 1 signing and 1 loan signing, they are also struggling having won just 2 games this season.

What about Nigels "non-league" permanent signings made in the summer?, been crap haven't they so let's string the barstards up and shoot them.

Show me Championship clubs that haven't made temporary loan signings this season, I can name one club down the A52 that finished 3rd last season and have made 1 signing and 1 loan signing, they are also struggling having won just 2 games this season.

Just because Nigel has done well with his bargain basement signings it does not mean that we should not be aiming to buy quality players seeing as we have very rich backers.

Yes, the singings he has made have been very good. Imagine how good of a team we would have if he was actually allowed to buy all the players he wants! Vaughan, Hooper, Ben Davies. Alas, Nigels hands are tied and he must find ever more super cheap lower league signings.

"non league" seems to be your description, not mine by the way.

Where are we going to find over £5m? That's going to be the figure he'll be quoted at after the season he's currently having. If that carries on, he'll either be in the Premier League or the La Liga.

How do you know they are tied, these "bargain basement" signings might be who Clough wants in no matter how much money he has available?

Did he want to put an offer in for Vaughan or did he choose not to in the end?

Did he feel we have enough players this season in for those 3 advanced positions to warrant signing another in Davies?, we already have Martin, Pearson, Pringle, Bueno, Commons, Cywka and Croft back in January.

Where are we going to find over £5m? That's going to be the figure he'll be quoted at after the season he's currently having. If that carries on, he'll either be in the Premier League or the La Liga.

Perhaps we could ask Jeff Mallett if we could borrow the change in his back pocket?

How do you know they are tied, these "bargain basement" signings might be who Clough wants in no matter how much money he has available?

Did he want to put an offer in for Vaughan or did he choose not to in the end?

Did he feel we have enough players this season in for those 3 advanced positions to warrant signing another in Davies?, we already have Martin, Pearson, Pringle, Bueno, Commons, Cywka and Croft back in January.

Well we made feeble offers that were refused, so that answers your question!

Just because Nigel has done well with his bargain basement signings it does not mean that we should not be aiming to buy quality players seeing as we have very rich backers.

Yes, the singings he has made have been very good. Imagine how good of a team we would have if he was actually allowed to buy all the players he wants! Vaughan, Hooper, Ben Davies. Alas, Nigels hands are tied and he must find ever more super cheap lower league signings.

"non league" seems to be your description, not mine by the way.

Vaughan - chose Palace over us

Hooper - out priced plus always going to choose Celtic over us

Davies - Nigel hasn't bidded for him, has he?

Archived