Conor Hourihane Interview

NTT20Pod

Hi there, I hope you don't mind me sharing this interview with Conor Hourihane, which has been very popular with DCFC fans in the last day or so.

Conor has been a huge favourite of NTT20 - as a player and a person - since we began in 2016 when he was starring for Barnsley. Luckily for us, he's become a friend of the podcast who hops on for a chat every year or so, and our listeners have always said how much they love his honesty.

He's obsessed with football at all levels and has an incredible amount of experience of challenging for promotion with Barnsley, Aston Villa, Swansea and Sheff Utd. 

Lots of chat about your current unbeaten run, what's working so well - plus his reflections on working for a Manager in Paul Warne that he says is different from any other manager he's worked under. He's also determined to become a Manager when his playing career finishes, and it's interesting to hear how he's planning on going about it.

Thanks really enjoyed this, very informative. 

Will be interesting to see what we get from  Hourihane - and how Warne uses him - whilst ? is injured. Could be an important period for him

your comments about Warne are interesting, his ‘openness and honesty’. I think he’s a really decent guy, which was exactly what we needed after the old regime. He’s also a master at telling cunning porky pies when necessary - ‘x is injured’ (x is being rested), ‘y is injured’ (y is on the naughty step). It’s an important part of a manager’s arsenal and he’s up there with the best