England squad

Bristol Ram

I've just seen the England squad...

I suppose Kevin Davies is the biggest news, but what has struck me is the amount of players who were in the World Cup squad who have been recalled!

I thought we were having a fresh start. Aaron Lennon?

The more I hear of Capello, the more the man baffles me.

Thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injuries I suppose.

Gibbs is out injured isn't he? Along with Dawson, Walcott, Agbonlahor and Zamora.

Don't really understand what SWP is doing anywhere near the England squad though....

Jagielka, Warnock, Huddlestone, Johnson, Wilshere, Young are all included.

Personally, I'd have been tempted to call up Andy Carroll for a run-out as well, probably instead of Davies.

i feel for any england manager, clearly there is a lack of talent which is why so many poor international players get picked time and again...swp :mad: how this guy has 35 caps and will probably get over 50, without producing one good performance is beyond me!!

I'd sooner have SWP than Lennon. The kid looks as though he's never been told how to kick a ball properly. Talk about SWP only having pace, it's even truer of Lennon.

To be fair since Capello slated Lennon's crossing he got to work and improved a lot. He's still not great at crossing but he's working on it.

I think Lennon is the better option as he is younger and still is improving, but SWP has peaked.

Crossing ability they are as bad as each other although I think SWP's finishing is better. I suppose it's like saying would you prefer a golden delicious apple or a granny smith's? There is minor difference but both effectively the same!!

To give the captaincy back to Ferdinand is crazy.Gerrard should have kept it.Ferdinand should retire from international football and concentrate on Man utd.

Too right. Get that drugs test dodging 'murking' wankstain out of international football.

where does it mention soccer?

if you can go back many years, itv (or atv) used to show on sundays a programme called star soccer with hugh johns , so its a terminology that years back was used by all , history just aint about 1066 daveyboy:D

Socceroos?

Just look at any Austrailia football site and they call it soccer and not football.

dont you mean then, just look at any australian soccer site and they call it soccer?

Association football, commonly known as football or SOCCER, is a sport played between two teams of eleven players with a spherical ball. It is the world's most popular sport

Archived