Glastonbury

Derby_Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im with you glastonbury seems like to much effort, i just want a few beers and to see some good bands

bee to v in chelmsford a few times, as i used to live there twas easier, and ended up getting started on twice, one time was cause i was wearing a derby coat, the southern ******

I always wanted to go to Glastonbury when I was younger, but since Jay-Z headlined it, I'd rather not go. It seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is playing their music there now.

I like all kinds of music, but didn't Glasto used to be a rock festival? :confused:

You guys are really missing the point. There is sooo much more than the main stage areas and such a wide range and styles of music on offer from the dance village to Jazz/world stage and countless minor stages .

I have been to most of the other main festivals some of them numerous times and for almost the same price you do not even get a quarter of the entertainment on offer. Glasto is held in one large arena camping and entertainment all enclosed together and it never closes, the Readings and leeds etc all have separate arenas which close midnight and then you have to leave to the camping area for zzzzzzzzzzz's. No thanks

None of them come even close to Glastonbury, this is not snobbery but it is by a country mile the best!!

As you can tell I do like it quite a lot. :D

Nearly all of the music at Glasto doesn't suit me at all I'd only see about 3 or 4 bands I actually like, plus I don't think I could be doing with the veterans they seem to put out every year.

To me, you still get people acting like hippies, and the most annoying thing of the lot is the general 'stuck up' attitude by alot of people, mainly posh Londoners who think its the cool thing to do.

Like I said before, give me a northern festival anyday - no trouble whatsoever, everyone is in a brilliant mood and you can talk to anyone!

We had some southerners with us one year (not our choice) and all they did was moan.

Archived