Glastonbury

Derby_Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nearly all of the music at Glasto doesn't suit me at all I'd only see about 3 or 4 bands I actually like, plus I don't think I could be doing with the veterans they seem to put out every year.

To me, you still get people acting like hippies, and the most annoying thing of the lot is the general 'stuck up' attitude by alot of people, mainly posh Londoners who think its the cool thing to do.

Like I said before, give me a northern festival anyday - no trouble whatsoever, everyone is in a brilliant mood and you can talk to anyone!

We had some southerners with us one year (not our choice) and all they did was moan.

That's the thing though you only get fed the main stages by the bbc and they are a tiny part of what is on offer. Have you been and experienced this 'stuck up attitude'? I have been to many different festivals and although you do get the odd nimrod that is inevitable when such a large group of people gather Glastonbury has by far the best atmosphere.

The other festivals do not do it at all for me. I like to go to bed when I have finished my evening/morning not when someone tells me to.

Anyway to answer the questions.

1. Blur - Amazing!!!

2. Kasabian - Was so looking forward to them but just had no presence at all. The crowd stood around talking through half of it.

3. Rod Stewart - I was talked into it but once it got going was really good fun.

Saw them in leicester before they became famous, at v twice and a couple of others well worth it

Notable other perfrmances, the specials, the ordinary boys (before big brother) and friendly fires (well worth a watch if you get a chance)

That's another one, ordinary boys. Queens of the stone age, goldie lookin chain,

Another chap one- dirty pretty things

That's another one, ordinary boys. Queens of the stone age, goldie lookin chain,

Another chap one- dirty pretty things

Dirty Pretty Things - awful. I saw them at Wembley supporting Muse. People were just sitting down talking/playing cards. It was embarrassing. They (and the Libertines) were overrated anyway.

Dirty Pretty Things - awful. I saw them at Wembley supporting Muse. People were just sitting down talking/playing cards. It was embarrassing. They (and the Libertines) were overrated anyway.

didnt realise dirty pretty things were rated

the ibs on the other hand there first album is amazing, second not so much

really marilyn about kasabian? there stage presence was amazing, tom had the crowd eating out of his hand. only blur have matched them, but then i had waited since they broke up to see them, so hyde park was simple amazing last year

I was there mate, i did like their 1st song ("bang bang" or something like that), they came on stage played that 1st, next couple of songs was crap so me and the wife fooked off for a burger and beer.

I've been to too many gigs and quite a few festivals so I can't really put whos the best I've seen or worst.

For me, Kasabian are my ultimate band, they are always my number 1, I love every song and seen them 6 times last year.

Kasabian aside (I'm biased so I'm not including them) the best band I've seen would be Kings Of Leon, they've blew me away when I've seen them, epic is the word I'd use to describe them live.

Worst would be 1 of many support acts, mainly because I either aren't interested in the act or they have been poor

The act that has surprised me most would be Biffy Clyro - I had seen them support Muse and I was a fan of them but a month or 2 later I went to Leeds festival - must have been 2007 - and they were by far the best band of the weekend, even eclipsing RHCP and others. I've seen them about 4/5 times and they sold out Rock City both times I went, 1 of them were before the over exposure by Radio 1

The other festivals do not do it at all for me. I like to go to bed when I have finished my evening/morning not when someone tells me to.

I think at Leeds the music in the campsites go on til 3am, or even further?

They have a number of places where there are DJ's playing music, some of the best banter happens at night anyway

I think at Leeds the music in the campsites go on til 3am, or even further?

They have a number of places where there are DJ's playing music, some of the best banter happens at night anyway

Fair enough, they certainly did not when I used to go but I suppose they would have to adjust to demand.

Archived