Shaun Miller - Crewe Alexandra

RamNut

Had a tip from a Crewe fan.

who said that when we signed Brayford and Bailey we missed the third of their 'three muskateers' - a striker called Shaun Miller.

i think it was suggested that he's out of contract in the summer and therefore likely to be available in Jan.

Anyway....he took his goal very well for Crewe at Chesterfield today.

Looked worth keeping an eye on

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly set league 2 alight with his goals. Think someone like Ben Davies would be a better bet.

He's a midfielder ? Miller is a striker.

5 goals this season isnt bad? particularly given their league position.

They seem to rate him and they should be good judges as they have produced a few.

How many of us would have known about Bailey and Brayford?

Anyway...it doesnt have to be one signing at the expense of another?

He's a midfielder ? Miller is a striker.

5 goals this season isnt bad? particularly given their league position.

They seem to rate him and they should be good judges as they have produced a few.

How many of us would have known about Bailey and Brayford?

Anyway...it doesnt have to be one signing at the expense of another?

Yeah but within our current system, can't see Miller playing within the Kuqi role. Players like Miller and Davies are going to part of the 3 behind.

Im sure he isn't a bad player but compare it to someone like Maynard who scored 1 in 2 when he was at Crewe.

With our board at the moment can see very few players are going to be bought for fees. So it is probably going to be one player for a fee the rest on frees.

Yeah but within our current system, can't see Miller playing within the Kuqi role. Players like Miller and Davies are going to part of the 3 behind.

Im sure he isn't a bad player but compare it to someone like Maynard who scored 1 in 2 when he was at Crewe.

With our board at the moment can see very few players are going to be bought for fees. So it is probably going to be one player for a fee the rest on frees.

Crewe website says he 'was always going to be the replacement for Maynard'. Can play wide. Is noted for pace.

Another two or three like Cywka-Bailey-Brayford wouldn't go amiss as our squad is a bit thin.

I just really like the way he took their 4th goal.

http://www.crewealex.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10414~36475,00.html

He would'nt blend in like Bails and Brays - he does'nt have strange ginger facial hair......

It was always good to have ginners in the team when I was playing rugby as a kid - a little bit of temper. I guess half ginners (like me with just ginner facial hair) satisfy that, without the piss-taking as it can be hidden by keeping it short

From the clip looks like the lad has some pace, which is perhaps something we lack up front.

You are quite right, he does have good pace - in fact Chesterfield took their captain off after 30 mins, because he could not cope with the three Crewe forwards.

If you look at the clip, he links up with another pacy player (AJ Leith-Smith) who I think was making his first ever start :)

Miller is very highly rated by 'the boss'. Crewe are renowned for only letting players go, if the club feel that the move is right for them, and that they are ready.

For info - all three midfield players, AND all three forwards that started for Crewe had come thru their Academy.

Archived