Billy's back! and guess what?...he aint happy

Day

BILLY Davies today said he was 'shell-shocked and stunned' at the failure to add new signings over the summer – and warned Nottingham Forest are not equipped to challenge for promotion.

The Reds failed to make significant signings over the summer, other than the addition of Ryan Bertrand on loan.

And, in a stark message to the club hierarchy, Davies today warned that the squad is not equipped to repeat the exploits of last season, when they finished third in the Championship.

"I am shell-shocked and stunned, they are the two best words I could use," he said.

"I am very disappointed for the fans. I was hoping that, in my term at the club, we would see a steady progression.

"Unfortunately, that isn't going to be the case.

"As I said before, I am stunned, like many others.

"But when you look at the situation, we all knew that the agenda was to win promotion either this season or next.

"If that agenda has now changed, then I would like to know about it because, as the manager, I have been recommending and advising what I believe is needed to move the club forwards."

Davies does not believe that Forest are now capable of challenging for a place in the top flight.

"The last permanent signing this club made (other than Radi Majewski) was 14 months ago," he said.

"I am giving an opinion, as a manager that, with the group of players we have got at the minute – and they are a fantastic group – we are not anywhere near what is required to win promotion.

"It may be the same group of players, but this group overachieved last season.

"And, also, since January, this group of players have shown that there has been a clear decline in performances."

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/sport/Lack-signings-means-Forest-challenge-promotion-Billy-Davies-warns/article-2626452-detail/article.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What like....

Joel Lynch from Brighton

Luke Chambers from Northampton

Nathan Tyson from Wycombe

Garath McCleary from Bromley

Chris Cohen from Yeovil

Julian Bennett from Walsall

:D We were in a lower div when we brought them in !

In the Championship we brought in

Earnshaw Derby

Blackstock QPR

Anderson Liverpool

Gunter Spurs

Camp QPR

Majewski Poland international

Can't be as painful as spending 12 years seasons outside the Premiership, 3 of which in the 3rd tier of English football aka League One.

Back to 2010 and Billy Davies what does you think on what he has been saying to the press today?

Can't be as painful as spending 12 years seasons outside the Premiership, 3 of which in the 3rd tier of English football aka League One.

Back to 2010 and Billy Davies what does you think on what he has been saying to the press today?

If what is reported is true, then i fully support Billy giving the board & fans his opinion. At this point in time the AP have not delivered what Billy feels is required to take the club forward. Billy has a job to do & wants the AP to be as committed as he is to delivering what is required.

So you think after spending £13.4m in a season he's entitled to go splash more cash?

Reminds me of being a kid and blowing all my pocket money in one go then asking for me and throwing a tantrum when I'm told no.

David if you are just going to find a negitive in every thing then it's hard to have a real discussion.

Billy has been told by NC & MA we have money to spend this season. NC stated this in the match day programme Forest v Leeds. MA said on TV we are looking to bring in players & named Whitts & Pratley as targets. Billy feels as do the Forest fans that more could have been done to secure the signing of the players he feels we need to take us forward. The good thing is as MA stated we still have the money to go after players. The 93 day loan rule would suggest anytime after the 27th of this month would be the best time to take loans. Then they would be able to play in all our games over Christmas including Derby on the 29 of dec.

We are linked with David Healy & a few other players. So we will just have to wait & see who's available.

David if you are just going to find a negitive in every thing then it's hard to have a real discussion.

Red Fever you are on a Derby County Fans Forum in a board which Derby fans take the piss out of Forest, if your looking for all positive Forest talk then why not visit.

http://forestforever.forumotion.com

You are clearly on the wrong forum if that's what you are looking for.

Red Fever you are on a Derby County Fans Forum in a board which Derby fans take the piss out of Forest, if your looking for all positive Forest talk then why not visit.

http://forestforever.forumotion.com

You are clearly on the wrong forum if that's what you are looking for.

I thought you were an intelligent bloke that could have a real football discussion ?

Archived