Is it time for a new computer?

Hucknall Ram

Am not best when it comes to knowledge about computers, just wondering if anyone give me some advise, I hardly use my laptop or PC anymore, as my Iphone does 90% of what I would use a computer for. I just want to use a computer to play football manager 2010 (soon 2011), I've increased the RAM to over a Gb, and I reformatted my hard drive, and football manager runs slow, the game gives my computer a half star (out of five) for proformance. I can't run the matches in 3D mode (guessing that to do with my graphics card), and it can take around 5 -10 mins to "process" the game after a match.

Do I get a new PC or laptop?

or do I try improve or upgrage my current PC. The only other details I have for my PC is that its a Intel pentium 4 processor 505/intel graphics media acclerator 900.

system requirements for football manager 2011:

PC

OS

Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7

Processor

1.4GHZ+ for XP

or

2.0GHZ+ for Vista / Windows 7

Memory

512MB Ram for XP

or

1GB Ram for Vista / Windows 7

Video Card

128MB of memory.

NVidia FX 5900 Ultra or better; ATI Radeon 9800 or better; Intel 82915G/82910GL or better.

If you have older card then only 2D Match will be available for you.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my laptop is fairly new, FM2010 runs at half a star without the power cable in and a full star with, runs fine for me although never tried the 3D crap, I prefer the old school flashing banner at the bottom.

Windows 7

Processor: Pentium ® Dual-Core CPU T4400 @2.20 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB (2.93GB Usable)

Archived