What's your pre match routine?

DerbyRevolution

If, like me, you're sick of reading about the following...The EFL, Quantuma, Gibson, Middlesbrough, Wycombe, Couhig, Parry, Birch, Points deductions, Liquidation, Mel Morris etc. etc. etc. then thought this might be a good idea for some light hearted Friday respite to pass the day before the nerves/stress of tomorrow and then the ensuing week of more of the the above.

Be interesting to see the different way fans make it to a Saturday 3 o clock home game.....

I'll kick off...

With the kids (5 & 7) it would be a 25 min drive to park up in Chad. Fish or Doner and chips from Chad Fish Bar. Walk over the bridge take the kids to McDonalds. Walk to the ground for about 2:15 to watch the players warm up.

Without the kids, bus into Derby for about 10 o clock. Copious amounts of Lager normally on a route something like Standing Order, Jorrocks, White Horse, Neptune. Taxi /speed walk to the ground for 2:58pm

Up the Rams!

9:00 Train to Derby.

10:00 Standing Order.

Fry up.

4 pints of Guinness.

1:30 Ponder a slow walk to the ground and a Pork Pie from Birds.

Another pint of Guinness. 

2:00 Ponder walking to the ground.

Could I still get a pork pie from Birds, might help sober me up?

2:30 Ponder a quick walk to the ground.

Pint of Guinness with Sambuca chaser.

Order a taxi.

Bottle of lager for the journey.

Cancel taxi, he won't make it in time. Leave Standing Order.

2:40 Ponder running to Pride Park.

2:50 White Horse, shot.

2:51 Get Taxi outside Council House, tell him you'll pay £200 if he gets to the ground on time.

2:55 Arrive at Pride Park.

2:59 A mate who you last saw 3 hours ago, and who doesn't drink has bought a round of Marston's Smooth's for you all at a cost of £37.50.

3:00 kick off

3:10 Finish the Marston's Smooth by downing it/leaving the last quarter of the icy liquid in the bottom of the plastic glass.

3:11 Quick piss.

3:12 Take position in the stands, apologise to everyone on your row for being one of those late to the game *********.  We're 1-0 down.

3:45 Text your mate who went down 5 minutes early to secure more Marston's Smooth (for a laugh) that you want a bag of Minstrels for the 2nd half. Tell him you'll pay him back.

3:57 Pint arrives, your mate forgot the Minstrels. "Didn't get your text" he lies.

4:05 Neck pint, take up position in the stand, no one else is back in their seats yet anyway.

4:10 - 4:55 Sober up as you watch us go 2-0 down before pulling back a late consolation. You stay to the end.

5:20 Jorrocks.

8:00 Leave Jorrocks.

8:30 3 for a fivers somewhere.

9:00 Vomit.

9:30 Go somewhere, you're not sure where, might be Tiger Bar, might be a different universe.

10:30 Find your mates, get a Kebab.

11:00 "Blue Note?". Nah, last train leaves in 8 minutes.

11:02 Taxi.

11:08 Train Station, train is delayed until 11:23.

11:23 Train.

12:00 Home. Pass out.

53 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

9:00 Train to Derby.

10:00 Standing Order.

Fry up.

4 pints of Guinness.

1:30 Ponder a slow walk to the ground and a Pork Pie from Birds.

2:00 Ponder walking to the ground.

Could I still get a pork pie from Birds, might help sober me up?

2:30 Ponder a quick walk to the ground.

Pint of Guinness with Sambuca chaser.

Order a taxi.

Bottle of lager for the journey.

Cancel taxi, he won't make it in time. Leave Standing Order.

2:40 Ponder running to Pride Park.

2:50 White Horse, shot.

2:51 Get Taxi outside Council House, tell him you'll pay £200 if he gets to the ground on time.

2:55 Arrive at Pride Park.

2:59 A mate who you last saw 3 hours ago, and who doesn't drink has bought a round of Marston's Smooth's for you all at a cost of £37.50.

3:00 kick off

3:10 Finish the Marston's Smooth by downing it/leaving the last quarter of the icy liquid in the bottom of the plastic glass.

3:11 Quick piss.

3:12 Take position in the stands, apologise to everyone on your row for being one of those late to the game *********.  We're 1-0 down.

3:45 Text your mate who went down 5 minutes early to secure more Marston's Smooth (for a laugh) that you want a bag of Minstrels for the 2nd half. Tell him you'll pay him back.

3:57 Pint arrives, your mate forgot the Minstrels. "Didn't get your text" he lies.

4:05 Neck pint, take up position in the stand, no one else is back in their seats yet anyway.

4:10 - 4:55 Sober up as you watch us go 2-0 down before pulling back a late consolation. You stay to the end.

5:20 Jorrocks.

8:00 Leave Jorrocks.

8:30 3 for a fivers somewhere.

9:00 Vomit.

9:30 Go somewhere, you're not sure where, might be Tiger Bar, might be a different universe.

10:30 Find your mates, get a Kebab.

11:00 "Blue Note?". Nah, last train leaves in 8 minutes.

11:02 Taxi.

11:08 Train Station, train is delayed until 11:23.

11:23 Train.

12:00 Home. Pass out.

I think I’ve met you at away games?

I’m surprised anyone can ever remember the game ?

Mine’s usually train to Derby 11.44 - 1.40.

Check to see how busy the Brunswick is. One pint max to avoid constant weeing.

Consider a ‘guess where the bread ends’ burger.

Casual stroll around the ground to gauge the vibe.

Through turnstile about 2.30.

Delay toilet til 2.45. 

Take seat and take it all in.

Wish I could do it more but love every minute.