Dalian Atkinson: PC guilty of former footballer's manslaughter

Comrade 86

Hard to understand how tasering someone for over 30 seconds, then giving them a few kicks to head for good measure attracts a 'mere' manslaughter charge but some justice for the family I suppose. The copper, who used the 'immediate threat to life excuse', has been informed that 'a custodial sentence in his case was inevitable' by the judge though it beggars belief that such a clarification need be made.

Presumably, with Atkinson lying prostrate on the floor having been zapped with 50,000 volts for over half a minute, he believed his victim might suddenly jump up attempt to murder him and the other copper present and that the solution to this threat was to kick Atkinson in the head twice. He had used an override function to administer the shock for 6 times the prescribed 5 seconds...

Atkinson's family have stated that they believe justice has been done so I hope they can now achieve some closure. Five years is a long time to wait.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-57495426

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Completely deserved for the guilty party. 

Lovely Ron on E wing will be eagerly anticipating the chance to say "hi" I'm sure. 

Would be well deserved but like all coppers, Monk will do his time on a protected wing with the grasses, rapists and nonces. Genpop is too risky for coppers.

Just hoping he gets a suitable sentence. Bent coppers can have their police pension stripped too, though this scumbag will doubtless escape any such punishment.

I hear what you're saying but unless he set out that day with the deliberate intent of doing him in then it's always going to be manslaughter.

IOPC were quick to point out that it's the first time in 30 years a copper has got done for manslaughter which am sure anyway will be of great solace to Dalian Atkinson's family.