Derby County v Cardiff City

Day

Did there look to be any gaps in the east stand?

yes there was, there was gaps everywhere. our attendences will be down on last season, that will be why we are not allowed in the south stand. the board are allready expecting it so as to try and fill the rest of the ground.

as for the performance a little unlucky to get a point. everyone was too lightweight, savage should never be pushed of the ball by whittingham, when savage gets there first,

savage was shocking, i think he was at fault for the first goal, he loads of time to start an attack and he didnt, thus losing the ball playing negative of which commons then lost the ball.

roberts looked knacked, and had trouble covering for a lackluster commons, and leacock. leacock is still shy of full match fitness for me, a better performance than sat and tuesday, but not any good. barker was poor too, again not fit. i mean he was losing ball and tackles he would normally get.

there was positives, cywka, varney brayford and bailey were all impressive

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes there was, there was gaps everywhere. our attendences will be down on last season, that will be why we are not allowed in the south stand. the board are allready expecting it so as to try and fill the rest of the ground.

as for the performance a little unlucky to get a point. everyone was too lightweight, savage should never be pushed of the ball by whittingham, when savage gets there first,

savage was shocking, i think he was at fault for the first goal, he loads of time to start an attack and he didnt, thus losing the ball playing negative of which commons then lost the ball.

roberts looked knacked, and had trouble covering for a lackluster commons, and leacock. leacock is still shy of full match fitness for me, a better performance than sat and tuesday, but not any good. barker was poor too, again not fit. i mean he was losing ball and tackles he would normally get.

there was positives, cywka, varney brayford and bailey were all impressive

thats what i meant to say on my earlier post but i put Brayford :rolleyes:, there was so much space infront of Roberts all game. nothing at all came from that side

i agree with most of the points on here, our season relies on us keeping people fit big time, if a few players get injured were screwed tbh, also people are voting with their feet and i don't blame them whatsoever, they have had to watch garbage for 3 seaosn and tbh a lack of investment does show, also clough with his tactics at times. Our attendences will be back to what they were before premiership around 25-26 thousand most games

i agree with most of the points on here, our season relies on us keeping people fit big time, if a few players get injured were screwed tbh, also people are voting with their feet and i don't blame them whatsoever, they have had to watch garbage for 3 seaosn and tbh a lack of investment does show, also clough with his tactics at times. Our attendences will be back to what they were before premiership around 25-26 thousand most games

In the nicest possible way YR, if you're that depressed why not go be a Chelsea fan? They have money to spend and a fabulous team with depth that can handle any eventuality.

Realism means we're not going to be able to win week in week out. We'll have to scrap at times and we'll have weak areas in the squad. I think we've got loads more to be positive about than you will allow yourself to accept, and I'm finding it a bit grating at the minute. We've played 2 games and got 3 points: if we continue with that hit/miss record we'll play 46, win 23, finish on about 69 points! I'd take that right now.

In the nicest possible way YR, if you're that depressed why not go be a Chelsea fan? They have money to spend and a fabulous team with depth that can handle any eventuality.

Realism means we're not going to be able to win week in week out. We'll have to scrap at times and we'll have weak areas in the squad. I think we've got loads more to be positive about than you will allow yourself to accept, and I'm finding it a bit grating at the minute. We've played 2 games and got 3 points: if we continue with that hit/miss record we'll play 46, win 23, finish on about 69 points! I'd take that right now.

yes i know this, all i was pointing out is that our squad is very suspetible to injuries at the moment, cywka played well, so did the rb he had a good game, looked confident and assured when going forward and ran with purpose, varney did well and tried hard all game. I have made points both positive and negative about the current situation, we have a very good starting xi when everyone is fit but when is everyone fit? my concern is the type of backup we have

We know if we loose players we are susceptible but so are all the teams in this division when they loose key players, most teams do not have money to have real top quality squads with quality back up.

I think you have to congratulate Nigel with what he has done with limited money, he does seem to be signing players which cost next to nothing and seem to be able to cut it at this level, he is trying get us playing more football on the floor which i really want to see.

Yes we do need to get rid of some players such has savage but at the moment that does not seem possible and we have to go with what we have

I honestly say YR you are the most negative fan have have heard in a long time and you really need to wake up and realize it will be a long while before we can have the money to build a top class team, so get behind us and support your team, try to be a bit more positive.

Please :rolleyes:

I honestly say YR you are the most negative fan have have heard in a long time and you really need to wake up and realize it will be a long while before we can have the money to build a top class team, so get behind us and support your team, try to be a bit more positive.

In fairness,Young Ram,like myself, sees things as they are.Its all very good looking at things with rose tinted spectacles on.Derby still need players,striker,defender and a goalkeeper.Savage cant seem to do wrong,Hulse has to be sold soon or get his finger out and Clough needs to sort some of his tactics out.

Would not say have rose tinted specs but i am a realist, we don't have money, hulse could go, hes probably the only one worth anything but no-one really wants him.

I am just looking at the first 2 games of the season compared to last season, we are playing more football on the floor and definately making more and better scoring chances, yes it could be better we look a little frail in certain areas but nigel has said he hopes to bring more players before end of month, i just think its a little early to getting so negative when there is definate improvement.

we have had to start passing the ball from the back because the useless prat in goal cannot kick the ball to a Derby player.Hulse will raise money,and he wants away so lets get rid.Our only other assets are Commons,(need him this season),Barker (absolutely essential) and Addison (injured).

I get called negative for telling the truth.Clough and his yes men are not good enough,pure and simple.

thanks dangerous, im the same, i see tihngs like they are and call them, is it people are too positive? we seem to be realistic in saying that we arn't there and that we could have problems giving a couple of injuries.

Show me a Championship team that wouldn't struggle with injuries to key players.

Show me a Championship team that has another 11 Championship quality players as backup.

Yes we should worry about injuries but so should every other club in this league.

Archived