Crusaders FC

Tamworthram

Apparently, Crusaders are considering legal action after their keeper was sent off during their Cup semi final penalty shoot out.

I don’t know if anyone has seen the incidents but this is what happened:

Goal keeper saves penalty but clearly doesn’t have a foot touching the goal line. Penalty retaken - correct decision

Goal keeper saves another but repeats the offence. Penalty retaken and keeper booked - correct decision

Goal keeper does it again. Keeper sent off and and penalty retaken - correct decision

I really don’t understand what Crusaders gripe is.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Apparently, Crusaders are considering legal action after their keeper was sent off during their Cup semi final penalty shoot out.

I don’t know if anyone has seen the incidents but this is what happened:

Goal keeper saves penalty but clearly doesn’t have a foot touching the goal line. Penalty retaken - correct decision

Goal keeper saves another but repeats the offence. Penalty retaken and keeper booked - correct decision

Goal keeper does it again. Keeper sent off and and penalty retaken - correct decision

I really don’t understand what Crusaders gripe is.

Haven't seen it but have read that the other keeper also did similar with no warning. 

No idea if true but if it is then can understand frustrations. 

50 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Most keepers never stay on the line. Just scrap that rule. Enforced sometimes and not other times. 

I'd agree with this in general. I remember when this rule was first introduced. Lee Grant (in his first spell here) deliberately set himself behind his line, so that when he moved forwards as the penalty was taken he was on his goal line. He saved it, but the ref still ordered it to be retaken. 'Keepers literally have it drilled into them to move towards the ball to narrow the angle. It's absurdly difficult to remain in place whilst attempting a save.