is our squad vulnerable

Leeds Ram

right kk, well like i said if im wrong at the end of the season i will apologise but i would like it if i was right that everyone else would apologise for ebing wrong as well. The majority of the players we have signed i believe wont be of sufficent quality to do well, we will see at the end of the seaosn i suppose.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be right, we may be right, there will be no need for apologies from anyone, maybe a slice of Humble Pie for yourself if we have a decent season.

The 'fact' is it's August 3rd, 4 days away from the start of the season and your already judging the players based on what clubs they have come from.

You are also starting to sound very hypocritical which no doubt you will disagree with, but if you look at the players your suggesting to sign and what your moaning at Clough for doing you 'may' see where I'm coming from.

well in one part your right, but the players i suggested came from clubs who have done well at that level and those players had been an integral part of that success, thus that's why i thought they might fit the bill, that lsit was also just one off the top of my head. I do love derby county, i will never stop going because i have been going since i was 6, it's a decade this year, but it does frustrate me that last seaosn was awful and we just seem to accept it. I am looking forward to the start of the season as well and i will eat humble pie if im wrong, i respect everyon's opinon and i am flexible in my opinon especially football because football is an ever changing game.

I didn't say they were rubbish, i said that they came from a struggling league 2 side where brayford couldn't hold down a place which is true

Brayford played 45 league games last season and i believe he was the fans player of the season in 2008/9 for crewe and was named in the league two team of the season last season

Please stop judging players before we have even seen them

Do u think it's possible that Bailey didn't hold a place down because he wasnt the type of player to suit the managers system of play/tactics. Also being a follower of lower league football, I can say it's a different ball game, the main fact being the quality of pitches makes a difference. Younger players may find it hard on boggy winter pitches which you will find in league 2 football, but may excel on a better quality pitches that you find in the championship.

again not answered the point daveo, the FACT is his BUYING policy is a lot like his dad's. I should have made it clearer in my orignial statment yes but it's true, brian clough used to buy players from non leagueand the lower leagues or did the best with what he had, this is what nigel is doing at the moment, if nigel doesn't want to continue doing that he needs to go to glick and say

You make it sound like its a bad thing.

Archived