is our squad vulnerable

Leeds Ram

I think NC is doing the right thing given we aren't going to make million pound signings, there are players out there to be picked up, Doyle, Pringle to name two, and the lad who played at Burton and Matlock, Langford, we need to develop lads like these and go for a measured policy of sustainable success. The reality of fans demands, and media pressure unfortunately too often force the hands of managers these days

please tell me how this is a measured transfer policy? pringle how many games has he started? the fact is nigel thinks he is his dad, bringing players from lower leagues and making them good, the fact is moxey was no good, buxton was no good, deeney is no good, we only have one natural rb, how is that balanced. Savage even said last year there was no money for nigel, how have we been successfull under g.s.e? we ahve lost 51 out of 107 games under there ownership, that isn't good. There has been little to none outside investment in the playing squad whatsoever. We have a crock team who were one of the worst teams in the division last year. How is this good?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"the fact is nigel thinks he is his dad"

Quite the opposite, I guess you have never heard him say "don't compare me to my Dad" on several occasions when he first joined Derby.

well his buying stratergy is a lot like his dads daveo, also what annoys me is, the fact that no-one has actually discussed the point i made which was it isn't a balanced buying policy and it isn't successfull

again not answered the point daveo, the FACT is his BUYING policy is a lot like his dad's. I should have made it clearer in my orignial statment yes but it's true, brian clough used to buy players from non leagueand the lower leagues or did the best with what he had, this is what nigel is doing at the moment, if nigel doesn't want to continue doing that he needs to go to glick and say

Moxey hasn't been that bad or Buxton nothing to shout home about but steady enough more than ample squad players. Apart from his debut deeney seemed quite assured when playing. Thats my opinion anway but im a chick what do i know about footy ;)

buxton, croft, moxey, deeney, porter, roberts, eustace loan, anderson, pringle, then you have sunu loan, barker which was an excelent purchase for a reasonable fee. possibles are connnor doyle and amari morgan smith, brayford and bailey.

Your just asking it in a different way, the 'fact' is we've discussed the players signed which we know you are not happy with but the rest of the forum is willing to give them a chance, we've discussed the 'lack of investment' from the Yanks and we all agree we should sack Clough and the Yanks to please you and Dangerous.

The funny thing is you were moaning about the amount of crocks we had and if I recall correctly you was trying to pin the Commons signing on Clough, you are now moaning about signing lower league players and trying to claim that Nigel thinks he's his Dad, now let's take a look at the players you suggested in the thread in Forest Banter.....

Chris Riggot - Crock

Mackail Smith - Peterborough, lower league

Adam Le Fondre - Rotherham, lower league

http://www.dcfcfans.uk/showpost.php?p=71230&postcount=83

Clough can't win with you, I bet if he signed those 3 and they all ended up being ***** you would want him sacked for signing them.

i wouldn't the fact is he signs rubbish lower league players, seriously he signed bailey and brayford from a struggling crewe side and brayford couldn't hold down a place at crewe. We are signing players from struggling league 2 sides, mackail smith and le fondre have been part of successful league sides who have performed well themselves ect. The fact is we are buying players because they are cheap in my opinon, clough was just a pr stunt to keep the wildering fans happy while g.s.e don't invest a penny, clough's record isn't good at derby wether you like it or not. It angers me that people defend the board when they sell out seaosn ticket holders by promising big signings ect when we didn't even put in a bid for hooper who was our target apparently, glick is a liar and tbh they are pillaging the club in my opinon, where is the 50 milion they promised to invest when they took over, they came here and i was happy that they came and took over the club, but i ahve had the foresight to see what is happening, slamming down the wage bill, nothing being invested, priority for awya tickets to nons eaosn ticket holders for a poxy 25 quid. In my opinon i go on stastictics and it doesn't lie 51 out of 107 games under g.s.e's control we have lost.

Archived