That came out wrong...

Chester40

Anyone got any amusing 'that possibly sounded different or worse to what I meant' anecdotes? 

Asking because I unusually took the opportunity to take my youngest to school on Mon. His middle-aged Head teacher was on the gate saying good morning to everyone. She had obviously grown her hair much longer during all of these lockdown... So being chirpy and friendly I loudly said... 

'Ohhhh you can tell that the hairdressers have been closed can't you...'...? 

Errr... On reflection the look of confusion and upset was probably followed by hours of irritation at me drawing attention to her multitude of grey hairs, 1 minute into the supposed happy fresh start of term!!!! 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

When i was 15, at Christmas i was mulling on the fact that my Christmas times as a 'kid' were coming to an end.

Sitting at the dinner table, i tried to find a way to express what was on my mind but it came out as 'There gets one less every year'...considering the previous 2 years had seen the death of 2 grandparents, 1 in each year...it was met with some shocked expressions.

8 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

When i was 15, at Christmas i was mulling on the fact that my Christmas times as a 'kid' were coming to an end.

Sitting at the dinner table, i tried to find a way to express what was on my mind but it came out as 'There gets one less every year'...considering the previous 2 years had seen the death of 2 grandparents, 1 in each year...it was met with some shocked expressions.

What a terrible thing to say.

It should have been 'one fewer'.

My old mum springs to mind , my dad never ever seemed to have much luck with cars and they always ended up being money pits, with 5 of us kids that was not great financially,,, now 5 kids round the table having dinner when my mum storms in ,face like thunder sits down and declares ,,,,, your dads big ends gone ,,,, cue 5 of us rolling round , tears streaming down unable to stop laughing and one very annoyed mum demanding to know what’s so bloody funny ??‍♂️?

Archived