23 Players, can that be called a squad?

Day

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in all they perosnally probablly havn't invested a penny because of the profits made from the club. If things go bellyup this year only one person deserves to be blamed and that is tom glick, not nigel clough in my opinon.

Out of intrest what would you like to see happen? ie who do you want out and who in? How much money is needed?

i would like to see savage out, hulse out, varney out, buxton out, and davies out

I would replace them with riggot for a free, bring in diouf on loan from utd he's very good, also get mackail smith for 500k, or take a punt on adam le fondre form rotheram as well he would be a good player, also i would bring in barry bannan or owen garvan, probablly both, both good at championship level, garven could play on the right i think.

This wouldn't ask substancial investment because it isn't needed at championship level but it would require SOME investment, the club in terms of optimism in my opinon is lacking. Many fans ahvn't renewed this season because they see no light at the end of the tunnell, we ahvn't sold 20,000 season tickets yet, this was confirmed by a person at the ticket office, they are expecting to sell 20,000 by the time the season kicks off. That is almost a 10% drop on last seaosn which is heavy. Mnay people i know havn't renewed and even more have said if we don't do anything this season then enough is enough. This list isn't comprehensive this is just a list i have thought of off the top of my head, im 16 and if i can do this then why can't anyone at derby county. I would also bring tonge in on loan, in cm he did excellent last seaosn but was wasted on the right, he's better in the middle.

The money needed would be around 700k for le fondre, 500 k for mackail smith, notihng for diouf, garvin 200k, nothing for riggot, nothing for tonge and bannan about 500k, 1.9 million, offset with 1 million for husle leaving, vaney 100k, buxton 50k, davies 200k, 1.35 million in so would require 550,000 pounds of investment, which depending on the profit of the club could just put that in. If not 550,000 to come out of the oweners pocket isn't vast

That's fine if people want to sell and people want to buy, no one is going to pay 200k for Davies when we is inj and got 12 months on his contract. Riggott is always inj, and I wish it was that simple that money in and out like that, u forgot things like agents fee and signing on fees.

but chris riggot is quality when he plays unlike the tosh we have, agent fee's ect isn't serious money. The wages would be on a similar scale to what we have now for the people who would leave, savage is on stupid money ect. I did say that the list i had drawn up was done on the spot and probablly did have some flaws, ok we don't get anything for davies then they have to put 750,000 of either profit of the club or their own money into the club, if they reprocess the profits of the club then that isn't investment in my opinon.

hulse isn't valued at our club tbh, i think clough values porter higher than hulse tbh. Plus he's going to go in the summer for nothing anyway so we might as well sell him for somthing, again the lsit was thought of on the top of my head so it is by no means complete ect, it was just a couple of thoughts who i thought were good.

Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand today celebrated his 21st birthday by joining Nottingham Forest.

The Londoner, who is widely regarded as one of the game's top young left backs, has joined The Reds on a six-month loan.

Bertrand, who is renowned for his attacking ability having been converted from an orthodox winger, has been at Chelsea for five years following an initial £125,000 move from Gillingham.

A year later he signed professional and he has gathered league experience during loan spells with Bournemouth, Oldham, Norwich and Reading, where he was a fixture in the side last season.

He scored his first senior goal for Reading against Derby last March.

He has recently been included in Stuart Pearce's England Under 21 side, having previously established himself as a regular at Under 19 level.

He has been allocated the number three shirt.

Yes it's like two signings because Cohen is now avaiable for the midfield. By Christmas Bennett should be ready if need be. ( Hope we have agreed a price to buy in Jan if he's as good as they say )

The team is shaping up !

Camp

Gunter, Morgan, Wilson, Bertrand

Anderson, Mckenna, Myjewski, Cohen

Blackstock Earnshaw

Bench

Davenport, Tyson, McGugan, McCleary, Moussi, Adebola & Darlow

( Chambers if Davenport is not signed )

Archived