Crucial couple of weeks

Eley1508

18 hours ago, Eley1508 said:

With Colin Kazim-Richards I find it hard to grasp that before he’s even kicked a ball we’re already writing him off

really? I'd think his lack of attacking achievement at any decent level would be reason for people writing him off, and his age. and the level he's come from, and the fact he's about as good as Theo Robinson if playing his best.

Martin had a 20-25 goal season 18 months before coming to Derby I think, or maybe a season earlier.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Addingham Ram said:

It might just prove to be a blessing. We'll see later tonight. Cocu might be in a worse position if we happen to play well without him. Is Rooney guaranteed a starting spot when he is able to return?

You could be right, we’ll find out in the coming days. I just can’t help feeling his presence gives most of the lads a bit of a lift.(now he’s looking a bit sharper coz I haven’t forgot his earlier form)

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think Cocu's a goner if he we loose tonight no way we will turn it around from there,Forest and Cardiff next two after that which will be about as tough as anyone we've played. 

I think Mel Morris will be sensible enough to realise that Tom Lawrence being fit for 60 minutes, Waghorn being able to be named on the bench, but Rooney being missing and us needing to field an U23s striker who may not actually ever turn out to be of Championship standard isn't really likely to be enough to expect a drastic change in fortunes.

Crap analogy time (I haven't really thought it through) - It'd be like asking / expecting someone in the early stages of their rehabilitation from an ACL injury to break into a sprint and run a 9 minute mile, then kicking them out of rehab if they fail to achieve it for whatever reason.

Hmm, maybe I should have gone with tying a man's legs together and asking him to hop a mile? Or maybe I should just shut up.

Archived