England

rooney

the BBC bus (wtf?)

vuvuzelas

half empty stadiums

edgar davids

the ball

france

the fact that this wont make much difference to the lives of south africans."leaving a legacy " is ******.

cheating uraguay

ronaldo spitting

john "i love myself" terry

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better get used to the vuvuzelas...............

----------------------------------------------------------

BRITAIN’S own “Mr Vuvuzela” is already selling the £10 trumpets at a rate of one a minute.

Businessman David Broughton has snapped up 600,000 of the cult horns, which he claims will change the sound of the English game.

And with the nation split over the plastic devices, he warned: “Make no mistake, these horns will be coming to a ground near you.

“I know they’re a bit ‘Marmite’ but I love them and I’m sure English fans will love them too.”

But the Notts County fan admits he now hides his identity in public through fear of reprisals.

He has already sold branded vuvuzelas to fans of Bury, Notts County, Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday and Coventry City.

Now he has got his sights on teams in the game’s top flight, with Chelsea and Wolves already in talks.

At Sheffield Wednesday the horns are the club shop’s biggest seller after team shirts.

David told us: “The last few days have been very interesting to say the least, I have been overwhelmed.

“We have been working on this since last July.

“People who say they ruin the atmosphere are missing the point.

“Perhaps the sound doesn’t come across that well on TV, but they are uniting a nation in South Africa.”

David, 40, reckons his top-of-the-range £10 vuvuzelas, with team motifs, could drown out the foul-mouthed chants of yob fans.

He explained: “I sat through one game and the bloke next to me was swearing throughout.

“If I’d had a vuvuzela I could have drowned him out. I’d rather hear that than bad language.”

An assistant at his HQ at Westbury, near Brackley, said they have also been snowed under with requests for vuvuzelas from TV shows including Loose Women, T4 and Graham Norton.

The Premier League and the Football League say there is nothing in their rules to stop supporters bringing them to grounds, although the decision rests with the clubs.

But they have already been banned from Wimbledon to stop them putting off the tennis players.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/140172/World-Cup-2010-Britain-s-own-Mr-Vuvuzela-sells-one-10-horn-a-minute/World-Cup-2010-Britain-s-own-Mr-Vuvuzela-sells-one-10-horn-a-minuteWorld-Cup-2010-Britain-s-own-Mr-Vuvuzela-sells-one-10-horn-a-minute

Erm, where abouts in the north stand do you sit mate?

Anywhere near the Vuvuzaler touting new "barmy Army" looking to inflict some "atmosphere" in that end next season?

I think there may be an atmosphere:rolleyes:

damn right.If I wanted to listen to some inane droaning id go to watch Acker Bilk.They dont belong at football matches.Derby should ban them....but they wont.The yanks will like them,chances are there will be an official DCFC vuvuzela on sale in the club shop.

I find it funny how Holland are crying over the "foul" leading up to the goal when they went out to cripple the Spanish in the first half. Howard Webb had a shocker, I don't buy into all this it was a "tough match" to ref, no it wasn't, if a player karate kicks another player in the chest it's a Red Card, doesn't matter if it's a friendly, league match or cup game it's a Red Card, to give the Yellow means he must have saw it, so why only a Yellow I'l never know.

Webb didnt have a great game,but Holland did make it difficult for him.He should have sent de jong off,he bottled that decision.Van bommel should have gone too,as could have robben and van persie.It is very easy to sit on your armchair saying the ref was poor.I think he was put in ano win situation.If he had sent off 4 dutch players,although technically being correct he would have been slated for ruining the final.

I agree with dangerous and tbh the dutch were just thugs in the first half, it was more like rugby than football, if webb had sent the dutch off would have been nailed by the media saying he ruined the greatest show on earth, he tried to set a precedent to the players and show them yellows because who wants to get sent off in the world cup final, but it didn't work and it must have been difficult, i dont now though how dejong was on the pitch after the audition for karate kid on xabi alonso's chest

Archived