Your part in creating history

Chester40

36 minutes ago, jono said:

I had a Big Mac in Warrington Mac Donald’s the day before the IRA put a bomb in the cast iron bin outside. Weird feeling but I don’t suppose it changed history. 

A similar close (ish) escape I drove north past Kegworth on the M1 about 30 minutes before the plane crashed on it in 89? 90?

I got home and the news was on and around ten minutes in it was breaking news.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, sage said:

A similar close (ish) escape I drove north past Kegworth on the M1 about 30 minutes before the plane crashed on it in 89? 90?

I got home and the news was on and around ten minutes in it was breaking news.

You get a bit of a shiver don’t you. Degrees of separation 

19 hours ago, jono said:

I had a Big Mac in Warrington Mac Donald’s the day before the IRA put a bomb in the cast iron bin outside. Weird feeling but I don’t suppose it changed history. 

I did the same, but the week before at a similar time of day. Only luck that we chose to visit my then girlfriends parents that weekend and not the following one.

Have a full page article in a national newspaper about my life with gambling addiction.

Bigger one though is getting a message on the vlogs I do around gambling addiction:

” Hey Andy I just want to say thank you for saving my life. I was sat on a bridge 6 weeks ago ready to throw myself in front of the next train to come. I felt ashamed, I felt low, I let gambling take control of me. I had £25,000 of debt on various pay day loans and credit cards. No one knew, I didn’t know where to turn except kill myself. Something stopped me doing so.

I went back home and googled and your name came up and your YouTube. I watched your story and listened to your advice, I felt like I wasn’t alone, someone understood. You reached out to me when I needed it most.

I’m now 6 weeks off gambling, my family know and understand I need help. I need to rebuild that trust. Your story and what you do has given me hope. You saved my life”

For me, I’ve had my ups and downs sharing story - every time I think why do I bother. I read that message and the others and realise. Yes it’s ducking worth it.

Thats why I do what I do and the job I do now in education and community around gambling addiction. I’m proud and humbled.

I appreciate it ain’t a moment in history. I would however say with the job I’m doing now I’m preventing people from getting into the mess I did and being part of history in showing and helping reduce addiction 

Archived