Germany v England

CumbrianRam

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 years on this planet. England have played in five world cups.

This is the worst I've ever seen England play. We only have ourselves to blame.

Capello and Gerrard are to blame. Two men who have given this team no inspiration whatsoever.

Basic errors in sending all the players forward are what cost us the two other goals.

English football is an embarrassment. It needs a major rethink and reform.

The "golden generation" (hmmmmm) is over now. We need to come back in 2014 with a new team and a new mentality.

I was pissed off by the linesman believe me but we can't blame him it is well and truly our own fault. England were terrible today.

Capello has said he is not going to resign. He has to go. His tactics and stubborness have cost us in this world cup. I don't care how much it costs the F.A to buy out his contract.

I hope we don't make rash decisions and sack Capello, yes the World Cup was a tactical disaster but once those 11 players cross that white line it's down to the players. Capello is a world class manager, yes he's not English but he's done a fantastic job for us since being here, if anyone had suggested we get rid of him before the World Cup started they would of been laughed at.

The World Cup lasted 4 games for us, take away Green's cock up against the Yanks away and we would of won two, drew one in the group stages and we would of played last night instead against a poorer opposition and who knows we may have still been in the World Cup.

Tactically today we were a joke, yes I was being negative pre-match although I was also being realistic, I wanted England to win as much as the next person, I was jumping out of my armchair whilst wearing my England shirt at every attack. So if anyone does want to pull me up for not wanting England to win can f..k right off to be honest.

I was pretty much tactically spot on today and I wish I wasn't, for a start if you have watched the Germans so far in this game they like to counter quickly down, they have stuck to the same 4-2-3-1 formation throughout and look a very very good side for it.

It doesn't take a tactical genius to realise that 4-4-2 was never going to work, we're always going to be a man down in midfield and when the 11 players we picked play in similar formations week in week out at club level why the hell are we starting the game with a tactical disadvantage?

Cole and Johnson, like I said pre-match like to bomb forward, now thats alright when they play for there clubs as the extra man in midfield can drop back and cover when the opposition counters, we didn't have that extra man to do that so Terry and Upson were left facing 4 Germans running at them whilst the full backs were trotting back from the half way line.

Key points from the World Cup:

4-4-2 and not 4-5-1

Having two full backs that like to bomb forward with no cover.

Barry who for some unknown reason wants to hoof the ball beyond Rooney and Defoe all game.

Gerrard on the left.

Lampard apart from the "goal" and cracking free kick, where was he in all 4 games?

Rooney who clearly doesn't look fit or the pressure got to him.

With regards to Capello you have to allow him to make mistakes, players make mistakes every game and managers are no different. I'm sure Capello will have learned from this World Cup and will have gained vital experience for the European Championships when it's all settled down and he's had chance if allowed to look back over the World Cup.

Just been looking at England manager stats, Cappello is the most successful manager we have ever had in terms of win/game ratio, 67.86%. Also his goals to games ration is only second to Walter Winterbottom.

I personally think we'd be stupid to get rid of him, watching his press conference it seems he wants to stay but he wants the FA's backing. I hope they give it him, we need stability just like Derby.

I think we desperately suffered for pace. Bombing forward on the offensive would be not too bad if we had some inherent pace in the team to track back when needed. Barry, Milner and Upson all looked desperately slow at times. All through the 11 there was little in the way of raw speed - Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney - you don't think of them as particularly pacey.

I haven't seen much of him but I wanted to see if Lennon might have brought some.

And where was the width?

I think we need to start looking at the younger players and start to blood them into the senior England team starting from next season, get a few involved at the European Championship. By time the next World Cup comes round Gerrard will be 34, Lampard 36, Terry 33, A Cole 33, Barry 33, Defoe 31, James 43......no point in hanging onto this bunch, they've had there chances now, time to move on.

a hundred year old Linford Christie would have more pace than the England team...

Germany's 4th goal perfectly illustrated just how slow we are...when Ozil squared the ball across from the byline the German player running in for it was making Terry huffing and puffing behind look as though he was running in treacle...way way way too slow,if Terry had got a bit of pace he'd have tracked that run in no problems.

All the reasons for our failings have been covered pretty much here anyway...England play a friendly against Hungary just 3 days before the Prem season kicks off...another pointless money making wasted exercise and after this world cup showing.....meh. :mad:

I think we need to start looking at the younger players and start to blood them into the senior England team starting from next season, get a few involved at the European Championship. By time the next World Cup comes round Gerrard will be 34, Lampard 36, Terry 33, A Cole 33, Barry 33, Defoe 31, James 43......no point in hanging onto this bunch, they've had there chances now, time to move on.

"Golden generation" my balls. :D

ohh dear ohh dear!

childish schoolboy defending ,poot tacticts , over rated players with over inflated egos, the list goes on and on!\

their can be no excuses really, cause we were *****!

glen johnson, barry, rooney , terry, gerrard,cole etc etc ,

if this is the best we have to offer then im afraid for english football.

its time to cap the number of foreign players in the english leagues to say 3-4 per team, its time to wage cap the structure of english football,

lets bring the new breed of english footballers who are eager and willing to put in a 90 minutes performance and who are PROUD to be english.

WHY HAVE A FOREIGN MANAGER?

home grown talent must be given a chance.

ohh dear ohh dear!

childish schoolboy defending ,poot tacticts , over rated players with over inflated egos, the list goes on and on!\

their can be no excuses really, cause we were *****!

glen johnson, barry, rooney , terry, gerrard,cole etc etc ,

if this is the best we have to offer then im afraid for english football.

its time to cap the number of foreign players in the english leagues to say 3-4 per team, its time to wage cap the structure of english football,

lets bring the new breed of english footballers who are eager and willing to put in a 90 minutes performance and who are PROUD to be english.

WHY HAVE A FOREIGN MANAGER?

home grown talent must be given a chance.

Another fact, how many English players play aboard?

Archived