Telegraph Sport

Philmycock

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

They'd already be out of business if they didn't do what they are doing.

How do you expect them to make money?

I agree, the site is a trainwreck, but it's pretty much the same as every other news site that isn't called the New York Times, living onm donations like The Guardian or behind a paywall. 

I used to read The Independent and that is just as bad with ads and on the rare occasions I've followed a link to the US-version of The Daily Mail it's insane with flashing ads everywhere.

And as for the clickbait and reusing articles, well, we've had this conversation before. Gerald Mortimer had to come up with one main story a day, maybe two. Now people are demanding multiple articles and there's just not that amount of relevant information.

They need traffic first and foremost and you generate that by content.

FWIW, I think Steve Nicholson is a good journalist doing a job in impossible times for reporters. 

I have never seen any comment from Nicholson that adds perspective or new information. 

Newspaper websites could make money from adverts without them being so oppressive to readers that they never  want to return. 

The Mortimer comment is just fiction. One informative Telegraph post a day would be just fine.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived