Telegraph Sport

Philmycock

Utter tragic journalism on there at the moment, I know there's nothing to write about at the minute but seriously it's reached new lows ?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-takeover-wayne-rooney-4056908

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-gary-neville-sky-4055479

Clickbait trash, should I be this bothered? Maybe I'm coronabored ?‍♂️ 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most trashy thing is the useless website that flicks and blinks as it fires all sorts of ad content at what you are trying to read, to the extent that urrr well you can’t. 

The most useless website ever. And that’s before I’ve even looked at the content. Professionals and business people run that site ... I just hope none of them ever get close to organising a p up in a brewery .. they’d fail. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

The most trashy thing is the useless website that flicks and blinks as it fires all sorts of ad content at what you are trying to read, to the extent that urrr well you can’t. 

The most useless website ever. And that’s before I’ve even looked at the content. Professionals and business people run that site ... I just hope none of them ever get close to organising a p up in a brewery .. they’d fail. 

Problem is, they aren’t failing. Their parent company’s desire is to make money from ad revenue, the journalism is second on the priorities at best. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Awful website, I won't even open it anymore, drives me mad.

I used to work at the Derby Evening Telegraph when Gerald Mortimer and a young Steve Nicholson decided which stories were worthy of print. They were very meticulous as to what stories made it to print, way before internet click bait, all stories were based on fact and pure journalistic interviews, so sad how it has now become. Nicho furloughed and some young "journo" scraping stories from various online tittle tattle, what a sad state of affairs. 

Them two stories are nothing compared to what I accidentally clicked on the other day.

MAX BIRD MAKES SHOCKING REVELATION AMIDST INTEREST FROM CHELSEA:-

Bird: I miss football. Stay safe.

Might not have got this spot on but it was something like that.

8 hours ago, philmycocu said:

I used to work at the Derby Evening Telegraph when Gerald Mortimer and a young Steve Nicholson decided which stories were worthy of print. They were very meticulous as to what stories made it to print, way before internet click bait, all stories were based on fact and pure journalistic interviews, so sad how it has now become. Nicho furloughed and some young "journo" scraping stories from various online tittle tattle, what a sad state of affairs. 

I remember years ago saying that until it's in the Telegraph or we hear it from the club, don't believe anything about DCFC! Now we have to wait until Derby have a press conference or it's on the official site. 

I know that you will still get the same rubbish articles, but I downloaded their app onto my phone and tablet and it's not that bad. You get a few adverts within the articles, but there aren't any flashing up disturbing the "pleasure" of what you're reading.

If you don’t buy a paper, then using clickbait is the only way local journalism can survive and it’s not exclusive to the DET. Might be something to consider next time you can go to the shop, the DET is a local business that employs people locally too. Maybe support a local business through a difficult time that complain about it?

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The Derby telegraph articles are the only things on the internet even less informative and interesting than my posts on here

Think we need to take a vote on that. Think it may be close. 

29 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

If you don’t buy a paper, then using clickbait is the only way local journalism can survive and it’s not exclusive to the DET. Might be something to consider next time you can go to the shop, the DET is a local business that employs people locally too. Maybe support a local business through a difficult time that complain about it?

100% this.

I've every respect for Steve Nicholson and I am sure that given a little more freedom to write his articles the way he would really want to they'd be much more in depth and insightful but local press is clinging on in the new age. Is the fellow who writes on Derby for the Athletic a better journalist of more knowledgeable about DCFC than Steve? I don't think so (and Ryan is a good journalist), they are just working in different structures with different constraints.

There's also the fact that football along with everything else has been well and truly "Corona-ed"

Archived