world cup bet thread

froggg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I bet we are all saying shortly after the first game, that playing both Gerrard and Lampard in the same team doesn't work - because we'll either play Gerrard on the left and not get the best out of him, or both of them in the middle where they spectacularly fail to impress anyone?

blame heskey? although he's not there as an outright goalscorer, blame the linkup man for not cancelling out another shocking mistake that our inadequate keeper has made?

I truly hope that is Green's last game in an England shirt. One mistake we can ignore: two,nor so easily. Lets hope Calamity is fit, or the occasion doesn't get to Hart.

To be honest I like the look of Hart. Give him the chance.

I thought Heskey did alright, nice reverse pass to put Gerrard in for his goal. He maybe should of stuck his chance away but he's not the natural goalscorer, plus don't forget he hasn't played a full game since March isn't it?

If we're going to point the finger there's only one person and that's Green, after he chucked it in the net we took a while getting started again.

And Ledley King subbed off with a groin problem too, doubtful for the next game.

In the pub last night getting harassed by some random guy insisting that this is "our best team" in ages (to the point I had to go talk to "a friend", just to get away from him). With the injuries we've got, and the question marks over several key positions (right back, keeper, what midfield setup is best, who to play up front - is it Heskey or is it Crouch, or is it Rooney on his own?) why have we got all caught up in this again? Its another campaign with quarter final written all over it.

Hey ho, 2014 might be better.

Archived