10/11 New Shirt Launch

derbydan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tbh i dont remember a loan taken out against parachute payments? it's not like we spent a lot of money in the premiership

£10m on Earnshaw, Miller and Clod for a start. Add interest on that and you have a nice chunk of debt there. Just woke up so I'l rack me brain later on who else we signed. Also as Dan pointed out Pride Park has still not been paid for.

£10m on Earnshaw, Miller and Clod for a start. Add interest on that and you have a nice chunk of debt there. Just woke up so I'l rack me brain later on who else we signed. Also as Dan pointed out Pride Park has still not been paid for.

that isn't debt, that was money which we received for going up, you do get money for going up you know, the fact is none of this was stated as debt or borrowed money at the time, gadsby said he would spend what he could afford thus we didn't spend shedloads, and tbh you receive a lot of money for parachute payments, i think it';s somthing like 15 million over the course of 3 years. you receive 30 million for going up from television ect, so i know we didnt spend 30 million on transfers. The mortgage on pride park i can understand however apart from that i dont think we spent more than we would have received while in the premeirship

that isn't debt, that was money which we received for going up, you do get money for going up you know, the fact is none of this was stated as debt or borrowed money at the time, gadsby said he would spend what he could afford thus we didn't spend shedloads, and tbh you receive a lot of money for parachute payments, i think it';s somthing like 15 million over the course of 3 years. you receive 30 million for going up from television ect, so i know we didnt spend 30 million on transfers. The mortgage on pride park i can understand however apart from that i dont think we spent more than we would have received while in the premeirship

i smell a coup in the air

long live young ram the new forum dictator!

Premiership Season

Robert Earnshaw - £3.5m

Tyrone Mears - £1M

Claude Davis - £3m

Andrew Griffin - free

Lewis Price - undisclosed

Kenny Miller - undisclosed (thought to be around £3m)

Emanuel Alejandro Villa - £2m

Robbie Savage - £1.5m

Laurent Robert - free

Alan Stubbs - free

Roy Carroll - free

Thats a total of £14m if you say Miller was £3m and I've not added anything on for Price.

How much agents fees do you think we paid?

How much was the signing on fees for the 11 players?

How much money was these 11 players on per week?

How much interest was there to pay on the loan we took out?

Now look at the signings we have made since the Americans have been here.

Kris Commons - free

Steve Davies - tribunal

Nathan Ellington - loan (stupid loan fee paid)

Paul Connolly - free

Ruben Zadkovich - free

Paul Green - free

Jordan Stewart - free

Martin Albrechtsen - free

Liam Dickinson - £750k

Chris Porter - £400k

Lee Croft - free

Dean Moxey - undisclosed

Jake Buxton - undisclosed

Russell Anderson - Free

Bailey and Brayford - £1m

Dave Martin - Undisclosed

Cywka - Free

How much was the signing on fees for the 17 players?

How much money was these 17 players on per week?

How much have we had to pay Zadkovich, Davis, Albrechtsen and Barnes to leave the club?

Do you realise we have signed 27 players in 3 seasons?

Now add on to that the players we have signed on loan in those 3 seasons, how much loan fees and agents fees on all those loanees have we paid?

Finally whack on the money owed on Pride Park Stadium.

Now have you got that exact figure in your head because now you can take away the following

parachute money

extra sponsorship and tv revenue money that the one season in the Premiership bought in.

Now whats the figure, are we in debt or are the Americans scamming us?

Exactly and don't forget any pay rises and bonuses that may have been triggered by getting promotion for the players and Billy. Also add Jewell's signing on fee and wages he was on, which may have been more than Billy.

Squeeze in another couple of signings I forgot about Luke Varney the £1m bargain buy and Lee Hendrie, there agents fees, signing on fees etc.

At the end of the day we can only sit here and guess at the figures and we'd still be miles off. We've signed a stupid amount of players over the last 3 seasons and alot of them were utter tripe, what we need now is stability at the club from top to bottom.

I'd rather see us finish 14th in the Championship for the next 5 seasons than go down the same route as Portsmouth, Palace, Cardiff and Southampton.

I appreciate much of what you say Daveo but part of me just thinks, we can't possibly have blown all that money. Can we?

Something smells wrong with the money. Whether Gadsby is the hero or the villian, same for the yanks, I just can't see how we can have blown 40+mil on the likes of Clod and Ernie.

Agents fees I know we were one of the highest in the Championship not long ago, think it was quoted at about £600k - stupid money really. But not in the realms of blowing the promotion cash.

How the flock did we manage to spend all that so badly and with so little to show for it?

i smell a coup in the air

long live young ram the new forum dictator!

lol, no but seriously, for us to be in 30 million pounds worth of debt we would have to have spent around 75 million pounds over 3 years because the mortgage on pp i think is around 15 million? agents and signing on fees arn't bank busters, if we signed 27 players each would earn a signing on fee of probablly a few hundred thousand, a lot of the players daveo mentioned wouldn't be on top whack wages, i just dont believe that they are telling us the whole truth, also you have to exclude revenue for the 2 years outside of the premiership ect there is no way we are in that much debt tbh

Premiership Season

Robert Earnshaw - £3.5m

Tyrone Mears - £1M

Claude Davis - £3m

Andrew Griffin - free

Lewis Price - undisclosed

Kenny Miller - undisclosed (thought to be around £3m)

Emanuel Alejandro Villa - £2m

Robbie Savage - £1.5m

Laurent Robert - free

Alan Stubbs - free

Roy Carroll - free

Thats a total of £14m if you say Miller was £3m and I've not added anything on for Price.

How much was the signing on fees for the 11 players?

How much money was these 11 players on per week?

How much interest was there to pay on the loan we took out?

Now look at the signings we have made since the Americans have been here.

Kris Commons - free

Steve Davies - tribunal

Nathan Ellington - loan (stupid loan fee paid)

Paul Connolly - free

Ruben Zadkovich - free

Paul Green - free

Jordan Stewart - free

Martin Albrechtsen - free

Liam Dickinson - £750k

Chris Porter - £400k

Lee Croft - free

Dean Moxey - undisclosed

Jake Buxton - undisclosed

Russell Anderson - Free

Bailey and Brayford - £1m

Dave Martin - Undisclosed

Cywka - Free

How much was the signing on fees for the 17 players?

How much money was these 17 players on per week?

How much have we had to pay Zadkovich, Davis, Albrechtsen and Barnes to leave the club?

Do you realise we have signed 27 players in 3 seasons?

Now add on to that the players we have signed on loan in those 3 seasons, how much loan fees and agents fees on all those loanees have we paid?

Finally whack on the money owed on Pride Park Stadium.

Now have you got that exact figure in your head because now you can take away the following

parachute money

extra sponsorship and tv revenue money that the one season in the Premiership bought in.

Now whats the figure, are we in debt or are the Americans scamming us?

barnes wouldn't have cost anythign because the club let his contract run out, most of those players wouldn't be on a lot of money, none of them would be on over 10,000 a week, with all due respect with all the ticket sales, **** sponsership, tv and everything the figures dont add up tbh

Exactly and don't forget any pay rises and bonuses that may have been triggered by getting promotion for the players and Billy. Also add Jewell's signing on fee and wages he was on, which may have been more than Billy.

Squeeze in another couple of signings I forgot about Luke Varney the £1m bargain buy and Lee Hendrie, there agents fees, signing on fees etc.

At the end of the day we can only sit here and guess at the figures and we'd still be miles off. We've signed a stupid amount of players over the last 3 seasons and alot of them were utter tripe, what we need now is stability at the club from top to bottom.

I'd rather see us finish 14th in the Championship for the next 5 seasons than go down the same route as Portsmouth, Palace, Cardiff and Southampton.

many pay rises would be 10% with a squad bonus of 500k, not that much compared to 60 million

Savage was on top whack, Albrechtson was also believed to be on silly money if you believe what you read.

Like I say without the full facts and figures we can only sit here and guess, I don't even know what the exact amount we got in parachute payments as it differs where ever you read it.

To be honest talking about the financial side of football bores me to tears, I'd love to know the exact figures but I'd also love to sleep with Cheryl Cole and neither are ever likely going to happen.

barnes wouldn't have cost anythign because the club let his contract run out, most of those players wouldn't be on a lot of money, none of them would be on over 10,000 a week, with all due respect with all the ticket sales, **** sponsership, tv and everything the figures dont add up tbh

It's all guesses tho and not facts

didnt TG come out and state that the debt currently stands at £15 which is the mortage on PP?

we can sit here and try and second guess everything that goes on but no one really knows just how much debt the three amigos left the club in, did Gasby reduce the debt that much or have the Yanks reduce it during their time.

Daveo did you not know that an actual football club is run exactly like champ/football manager ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived