Canberra Raiders

Stagtime

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80 minutes away from a grand final, get in...a thoroughly deserved win to....although they left it excruciatingly late.

Weird start to the game though...I thought there might be fireworks on the pitch during play, but you’d of got cracking odds on one taking out Leilua before a ball had even been touched.... still rocket attack or not, he was soon back up & running....good job to, as that flicked pass for Bateman to go over at the death, was a thing of beauty.

Happy days.

4 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

80 minutes away from a grand final, get in...a thoroughly deserved win to....although they left it excruciatingly late.

Weird start to the game though...I thought there might be fireworks on the pitch during play, but you’d of got cracking odds on one taking out Leilua before a ball had even been touched.... still rocket attack or not, he was soon back up & running....good job to, as that flicked pass for Bateman to go over at the death, was a thing of beauty.

Happy days.

With BJ it’s rocks or diamonds, only he would try a flick pass at that stage of a game. I actually thought when they first ran out it was weird sparks were falling inside the banner they ran through. My guess is you won’t see that ever again. Rapana never got charged and Tapine can play with a early plea so it looks like a full squad going into the prelim.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 2tups said:

Got it on tape for after the game on here just now. Saints are caning the Pies and the Wigan walk has started already. Would love to be in Sydney for the final. One year.

Spent all my coin going over to Wembley in May so not sure if I’ll go down. I’ll see how much accomodation is but most probably find a pub up here.

17 hours ago, Stagtime said:

How good was big Papa.

He put in a awesome shift...the whole defensive effort shown by the men in green, was one what which wins big games. Some great one on one strips at key moments & a never say die attitude.

Not really bothered who we face, but I think I’d prefer Melbourne again, although it’s a big ask to turn a team of their calibre over three times on the spin...East’s just look more menacing currently.

Anyroad it’s going to be a cracking final, & with the spirit that the green machine are running on at the moment, it just could be our year: 

From my point, it could be a really golden year in league with Salford remarkably in with a real shout of making our final over here...Wigan are definitely beatable, as shown when we ran them close last week. St”s on the other hand just look a step up l. Salford reaching Old Trafford  would give the whole game in & around Manc land a real lift. 

Its just a shame there’s no tests against the kangaroos this year, as I’m convinced we could turn them over....then again I’ve been thinking that all my life, only to see hope melt. The try by big Mal Meninga at Old Trafford in 1990 still haunts me. Come to think of it, Ricky Stuart owes me for that pass in 1990.

Cmon Canberra 

You and me too on the heartbreaks, close but no cigar too often. Josh Hodgson had a mighty game against the Bunnies in defence. Might get him the test shirt  over James Roby and Daryl Clark. So, hope the British boys go well in the GF.

As a Cas fan, I wish Salford all the best, especially next week. But Saints are superb to watch this year. Like us in 2017, but perhaps now with the staying power to do it on a wet October night at O T.  Hope so. 

3 hours ago, sheeponacid said:

He put in a awesome shift...the whole defensive effort shown by the men in green, was one what which wins big games. Some great one on one strips at key moments & a never say die attitude.

Not really bothered who we face, but I think I’d prefer Melbourne again, although it’s a big ask to turn a team of their calibre over three times on the spin...East’s just look more menacing currently.

Anyroad it’s going to be a cracking final, & with the spirit that the green machine are running on at the moment, it just could be our year: 

From my point, it could be a really golden year in league with Salford remarkably in with a real shout of making our final over here...Wigan are definitely beatable, as shown when we ran them close last week. St”s on the other hand just look a step up l. Salford reaching Old Trafford  would give the whole game in & around Manc land a real lift. 

Its just a shame there’s no tests against the kangaroos this year, as I’m convinced we could turn them over....then again I’ve been thinking that all my life, only to see hope melt. The try by big Mal Meninga at Old Trafford in 1990 still haunts me. Come to think of it, Ricky Stuart owes me for that pass in 1990.

Cmon Canberra 

That was one of the all time best tries ever scored.

2 hours ago, 2tups said:

Great game tonight. What has happened to Wigan’s support though.

Go Raiders, Sunday 9.30am. Easier than watching the last 5 at Oakwell, trust me.

You might find it’s Monday morning your time, 8.00 pm Sunday night here.

16 hours ago, Stagtime said:

You might find it’s Monday morning your time, 8.00 pm Sunday night here.

Sky Sports getting ahead of themselves and offering a clairvoyant service tomorrow, but thanks, Sunday night your time it is. Hope you enjoy the game.

4 hours ago, 2tups said:

Sky Sports getting ahead of themselves and offering a clairvoyant service tomorrow, but thanks, Sunday night your time it is. Hope you enjoy the game.

Actually, I’m wrong. Got my time zones arse about. 8 pm here would be morning there wouldn’t it. Anyway up the mighty Green Machine.

9342206E-7B4B-4103-9180-C4B4EAB5D88C.thumb.jpeg.3e1305ebc3e1b2e73503a7d847ebeda5.jpeg30 minutes to kickoff, the nerves kicking in. It’s been 25 years since the last grand final and after the last few years I didn’t think it would happen again in my lifetime but here we are, rank outsiders but with nothing to lose. 

Archived